Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Police Clearance Letter Query for Singapore and Malaysia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi threeoneone
    Yeah we all have been through all these lengthy and tedious processes but one good thing is you will get your COC. I hope you get it within time so you can proceed with you ITA submission.

Just to share my experience in getting the Singapore CoC as a SPR, from outside Singapore. It's a pain but you should get it. So if you're like me, here is what you do:

1. Get the CoC application form online. Do your finger prints at your police station. Get your S$50 bank draft from a Singapore bank - how you gonna do this is up to how good your relationship is with your friend or family in Singapore and how willing are they to help you haha. Remember to include the INZ letter.
    2. Wait for the CID to reject your application (as they only give it to citizens now). You would get a rejection email.
    3. Appeal - this involves more forms, letter from INZ, etc depending on what the officer asks for. Send those in as quickly as you can.
    4. Keep corresponding with the officer in CID. Their mailboxes tend to get full often. So after you email, give them a call to make sure they got it. Serious. I learnt it the hard way of waiting for weeks not hearing anything back.
    5. Keep calling them - in one week intervals if you can.
    6. Wait for them to say ok it's approved and it will be in the mail for you. Get them to send to your home or office rather than to INZ because INZ will send the thing back to you anyway.
    7. Look out for it in your mailbox.

It will take months. So do this the moment you receive your Invitation to Apply.

I'd like to share my experience as SPR residing in Singapore.
    I just went to the Cantonment Police station for Singapore CoC. The application form can be obtained in
    The processing time is 15 working days for SPR and 10 workings days for Singapore citizen.
    It cost $45 for the Singapore CoC excluding the return postage, we didn't bother about it since we are going to collect by myself. The fee can be paid by credit card and you can collect on our spouse behalf with the receipt.
    Hope it helps for everyone. Thank you!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345