Thread: PAR Result Level 5

Default PAR Result Level 5

Just received PAR result today and so sad my Bachelor of Science in Information& Computer Science Degree was assessed as only level 5.

Was it because I earned it way back 1994?
    Has anyone tried to apply full IQA after PAR, and assesed level up?

I was expecting level 7 and I needed it for the points. I feel bad and looking at other options now.

Hope anyone can share.

Thanks.

IQA can be different from PAR. For PAR, they go by the names of things as provided in your information, whereas for IQA, they look at the syllabus, transcripts and mark sheets of the qualification, so they examine subjects studied, for how long, at what depth, for how many credits, with what result, and compare this with NZ qualifications to get a level.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    IQA can be different from PAR. For PAR, they go by the names of things as provided in your information, whereas for IQA, they look at the syllabus, transcripts and mark sheets of the qualification, so they examine subjects studied, for how long, at what depth, for how many credits, with what result, and compare this with NZ qualifications to get a level.
    JandM,

would they look take into account whether the applicant drop or failed some subjects which will reflect in the transcript?

I don't know this for certain - there isn't something like the INZ Operational Manual available for NZQA. I expect so, though.