Thread: Migrant Levy Payment

Default Migrant Levy Payment

Hi there,

After I got Approved in principle I sent my passport to Beijing office to stick visa label. Officer gave me two options for Migrant Levy's payment; either bank draft or TT (Telegraph Transfer). I chose TT and paid the fee and sent passport. Now after around 2 weeks still they haven't stick the Label. Although Beijing office haven't told me anything yet but I went to my bank to make sure whether or not the money has gone to overseas bank! but officer told me by TT it takes a long time to transfer money to China !!!!

Anyone who wants to send money to china, the best option is bank draft, NEVER choose TT.

I assumed the money is transferred to NZ, surprised it's going to the branch office.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy2NZ View Post
    I assumed the money is transferred to NZ, surprised it's going to the branch office.
    NO. I did transaction by myself and send it to china.

I used swift transfer to Shanghai branch. It took only 3 days to arrive there. My bank took only 12 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by bharasheh View Post
    I used swift transfer to Shanghai branch. It took only 3 days to arrive there. My bank took only 12 USD.
    Hi bharasheh,

thank you for your answer. May I ask you how you could transfer NET money to Shanghai? except local bank fee usually there is overseas(beneficiary) bank fee which is deducted from your whole money.

Quote Originally Posted by ernesto83s View Post
    Hi bharasheh,

thank you for your answer. May I ask you how you could transfer NET money to Shanghai? except local bank fee usually there is overseas(beneficiary) bank fee which is deducted from your whole money.

I just asked my bank that I need X net amount to be deposited in INZ bank account, and rest fees (for local bank and intermediate bank) should be deducted from my account. Also INZ asked me in ITA to pay additional 10 USD if I am paying from outside China, so maybe this 10 USD for beneficiary bank.

By the way, I didn't receive acknowledgment for receive my application yet, so I am not sure that this worked correctly. But, if any other amount deducted, then I will give them my credit card info to complete the fees.