Thread: Google listings??

Question Google listings??

I was wondering if anyone has been affected by the newer Google listings ranking system? I used to have great first and second page covering, but now I'm often not visible unless I pay for an adword.

Anyone else finding this new system unfathomable??

I think yes, most of the companies & small/online businesses have turned towards paying up for SEO's which seems to have made regular websites down towards 2nd or 3rd page.

Have you tried to update Meta tags & search keywords or submitting your website to general google search (which is free I guess)?

If I put my company name comes up as usual but under lawnmowing/ gardening I always was a few pages down , so no change there then

I had just read this thread, and was considering whether to comment when the postie cycled into our shop, we have a big double door, and handed me a letter from Google introducing me to "Google AdWords Express" with a voucher code for $75 worth of free advertising.

So I had better go and see what the offer is, will come back later and let you know.

So far it tells me everything except the actual cost per click, so don't know how many clicks the free $75 will pay for. It appears you have to sign up first and then it will estimate it for you!!!!
    More research required.

Thank you Sun777, I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend