Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Requirements to claim bonus points for LTSS Qualification as Internal Auditor

Default Requirements to claim bonus points for LTSS Qualification as Internal Auditor

Hi all,

Want to ask your help on which requirement I should provide to claim bonus points for my qualification as Internal Auditor. Should I go towards obtaining membership of NZICA or should I take CIA exam?

I have a friend, a Certified Internal Auditor, whom EOI was selected last 2010 and received ITA 2 weeks after. Done his medical and submitted all docs required to his Visa officer but received a NEGATIVE result on his PR application because his Visa officer required him to be a member or provisional of NZICA.

I'm just confused because as per INZ Long Term Skills Shortage List an Internal Auditor should only have a Certified Internal Auditor Qualification to obtain bonus points.
    Am I right?.. I don't want to experience what my friend experienced coz it cost a lot of sleepless nights and money.

As per INZ Long Term Skills Shortage List:

External Auditor: Bachelor Degree
    (Level 7) qualification majoring in
    accountancy or Graduate Diploma
    in Professional Accounting (Level
    7) AND membership or provisional
    membership with the New
    Zealand Institute of Chartered
    Accountants AND at least one
    year relevant experience

Internal Auditor: Certified
    Internal Auditor qualification

tnx...

Hi eller,

I have just made that question to immigration in order to get an official response. And I guess these are good news for you:
    'Correct, as per the current Long Term Skill Shortage List, Internal Auditor 221214 does not require member or provisional membership with the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants it is required for External Auditor occupation 221213 only. Therefore, membership or provisional membership is not required for Internal Auditor 221214.'

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by eller View Post
    Hi all,

Want to ask your help on which requirement I should provide to claim bonus points for my qualification as Internal Auditor. Should I go towards obtaining membership of NZICA or should I take CIA exam?

I have a friend, a Certified Internal Auditor, whom EOI was selected last 2010 and received ITA 2 weeks after. Done his medical and submitted all docs required to his Visa officer but received a NEGATIVE result on his PR application because his Visa officer required him to be a member or provisional of NZICA.

I'm just confused because as per INZ Long Term Skills Shortage List an Internal Auditor should only have a Certified Internal Auditor Qualification to obtain bonus points.
    Am I right?.. I don't want to experience what my friend experienced coz it cost a lot of sleepless nights and money.

As per INZ Long Term Skills Shortage List:

External Auditor: Bachelor Degree
    membership with the New
    year relevant experience

Internal Auditor: Certified
    Internal Auditor qualification

tnx...

Hello and welcome, both.

eller, what happened to your friend doesn't seem to make sense - it sounds as though he could have made a complaint. Anyway, I hope someone already in NZ will know which exam would be better for you.

Hi All,

On the other hand, would like to know how strict is the immigration in assessing experience for internal auditor. I have a mix of accounting/management reporting experience with some internal audit functions on those, can it be considered internal audit roles? planning to take CIA certification to upgrade my points, plus the possible experience would probably give me 125 points. Thanks.

I tried the same thing having worked as an internal Auditor but could not claim the points, NZ are short of good quailified accountants and most place s are happy to interview from a distance and employ. I suggest you contact and home in on the agencies, if you have cash and time come over for a recce and network

Quote Originally Posted by Janey View Post
    I tried the same thing having worked as an internal Auditor but could not claim the points, NZ are short of good quailified accountants and most place s are happy to interview from a distance and employ. I suggest you contact and home in on the agencies, if you have cash and time come over for a recce and network
    sorry what do you mean you were not able to claim points, for experience or qualification? CIA designation is already clarified above as only requirement for qualification. thanks.

Hi all,

i have a similar question in regards to bonus points granted for external auditors.

I am a Kazakhstani national, graduated from Vic (Wellington) with BCA in Economics, Finance and Econometrics. I have had over a year of external audit experience with a Big 4 firm here in Kazakhstan. I am half way through my ACCA qualification.

As per the INZ website, following is necessary:

"External Auditor: Bachelor Degree
    membership with the New
    year relevant experience"

Is there any way around these requirements, will a local BCA degree (unfortunately not accountancy), fundamental level ACCA certifiacate and practical experience in external audit? Are these conditions set in stone in with no exceptions or does it depend on the judgement of the immigration officer?

Thank you for your help.

p.s. Is it really possible to find a job from a distance? Skype interviews and etc.

Hello and welcome.

Those regulations are The Rules - the INZ CO doesn't have the right to interpret them. (That would require each of them to be expert in all potential professions and trades, which is not possible.) Equivalence, if you think it MIGHT exist, is determined by submitting a qualification for assessment to NZQA.

Fewer people find a job offer from abroad than in the country in person. See my post #2 on this thread. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....952#post359952

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.

Those regulations are The Rules - the INZ CO doesn't have the right to interpret them. (That would require each of them to be expert in all potential professions and trades, which is not possible.) Equivalence, if you think it MIGHT exist, is determined by submitting a qualification for assessment to NZQA.

Fewer people find a job offer from abroad than in the country in person. See my post #2 on this thread. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....952#post359952
    Hi JandM,

How about for experience, does accounting/reporting with control functions qualify? Thanks.

Hi JandM,

thank you for clarification.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast