Thread: How can I find an appropriate job??

Default How can I find an appropriate job??

Hello there,
    I am an Iranian mechanical engineer with about 9 years experience. I am 32. I plan to migrate to New Zealand. At the moment, my point for immigration is 125 and with the point I have to wait in pool list.
    I don't have any job offer now. I've heard that finding a job or getting a job offer is so difficult from overseas. Now, my main concern is finding an appropriate job. But, I don't know if it is possible from overseas or no. What is your opinion? Can I do this? If yes, how???
    Plus, I have a question related to immigration. I got the bonus point of absolute skills shortage. According to http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30554.htm can I get the bonus point of future growth area or no? (Because I have more than 3 years experience in air conditioning and machinery designation).
    Any detailed guide to them will be appreciated.

According to what i have observed from this forum, you always possibility to get a job from overseas. However, the probability of getting the job is less as compared to those who are already in NZ. So keep trying and good luck!

You cannot get points for future growth area but you can have points for absolute skills shortage only.

Hello and welcome.

You can't claim for qualifications or work experience in an identified future growth area without already having a job, or job offer, in NZ, in one of the careers mentioned.

In any case, I don't see how your experience in air conditioning and machinery design would fit into one of the future growth areas mentioned in your link.
    Biotechnology
    Information Communications Technology
    Creative industries (Advertising, Software & Computing Services, Publishing, TV and Radio, Film and Video, Architecture, Design, Designer Fashion, Music and Performing Arts, Visual Arts).
    About getting a job offer in NZ, have you considered making a trip to the country? Many people have managed to get themselves a job offer by contacting possible employers first, then coming to meet them.

Thank you so much dear junaidahmed83 and dear JandM for your very useful replies. your replies left no doubt about future growth area. But please let me know that if I want to get a job offer overseas, I should choose the employer from accredited employer list or no?

Accredited employers can sponsor someone for a work to residence visa, as detailed here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../caniworkinnz/ This probably wouldn't help much with an application under Skilled Migrant. If you get a job offer while your EOI is still in the pool, obviously, your points total rises and you will be selected at the next selection, then your application will be prioritized. However, if time is short till the employer wants you to start, sometimes a CO will suggest an extra application for a work visa (which can be dealt with more quickly, quite often, than Residence), so you can go to NZ and be working while your Residence visa is still being processed, and in that case, PERHAPS the chance of the WTR visa might be an advantage. That is full of 'if' and 'perhaps', though.

Thank you so much dear JandM. As I see, I can get help from any recruitment and send them my CV, yes? If I can find a job offer in this case, my total point will raise, yes?
    I'm so sorry for the simple and clear questions. You know, I am under stressful condition for lodging my file, because I've taken action for immigration myself and with no help. I've gathered information from web sites and forums. Anyhow, your clear and honest replies are appreciated so much.

As I see, I can get help from any recruitment and send them my CV, yes? If I can find a job offer in this case, my total point will raise, yes?
    Well, the offer of a SKILLED job, in line with your qualifications, will help, yes. And yes, a job offer would raise your points.

If you have a skilled job offer, that is worth 50 points, and if it's in an area of absolute skills shortage, there are an extra 10 points. See SM6. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41496.htm

Dear yali6027

Why don't you take a look at 2Migrators weblog: 2migrators.blogsky.com
    Definitely you will find there lots of useful information in your mother tongue plus helper people who have similar experiences and are ready to help you in these regards.

Hello and welcome.