Page 1 of 39 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Family Category applicants

Default New Family Category applicants

Hi would be great if anyone applying on the new Family Category could post on here.
    I know we would be unable to help each other re:length of time things are likely to
    take since its all new, but would be interesting to compare and exchange experiences etc..
    I posted EOI on 31 July 2012...so the waiting game starts here!! Have someone who may be
    interested in our house coming to view next week...OMG...would be great if it sold, if not
    it will be on the market in Sept...
    Our daughter will be our sponsor...unfortunately we do not have a stash of cash to
    invest or proven income NZ ask for.

As you're only at the beginning of the visa wait, what will you do if your house sells quite quickly?

Rent...trying to get a sale later would be sooo stressful. our last house took 5 years to sell!!!!!really don't want to take the risk, it would be a miracle if it sold so quick anyway...

Shouldn't this be in Immigration?, not Introductions?? I suspect it would get mor eyes there...

Yes, you're right. I'll take care of it.

Hi gavndebs, I'm really interested how fast will be your application processed. As far as I understand from the new Parent category policy, all existing applications will be processed AFTER 1-tier applications - which would mean that new 1-tier app should be processed quite quickly (as there shouldn't be a big queue in the 1-tier yet).

Regarding the investment - I've read somewhere that if you are going to buy a house for 500k in NZ under the Family stream they consider it as an investment, but can't find the source now

Anyway, good luck (I'm going to apply next year for my parents, as I'm still FOB and keep us posted please!

BTW if anyone lodged the application before April-2012 I higly recommend to have a look on new rules since the waiting time is 5 years now (but you are able to re-submit your application under the new policy which can be more favourable for you)

Thanks JandM in advance for "moving" this thread...perhaps thats why I have not got many replies, I was hoping this meant not many were applying in the FC therefore quicker for us...lol...
    70m45 whats FOB?...my Hubby has an Employment Tribunal on 14,15,16th of this month, if he wins enough we may well be able to invest more in property, but I do always err
    on the side of caution so not allowing for any extra cash in my calculations at the mo'. Will certainly keep you posted. Are you from the uk? where are you living now? We will be going to Hawkes Bay, Napier Hastings area. My daughter and son-in-law have 2 scrumptious children (boy 3yr and girl 1yr)...just cannot wait...
    So...if Gav has a BIG win can we re-apply as investors...would it be quicker...sorry, its like asking how long is a piece of string, but any ideas would be interesting.

Hi gavndebs,
    My hubby & I are from South Africa & are about to hopefully in the next month or 2 also submit our EOI for the New Family Catergory under the Tier1. Right at this moment our daughter can sponsor us alone on her earnings. We had contemplated applying in a years time as we would be almost be able to go the $500 Investment Route but too worried the que & waiting period might be a problem as time goes by.
    Will be watching this post in regards to your progress.
    Good luck
    Janette

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresh_off_the_boat

Quote Originally Posted by gavndebs View Post
    Thanks JandM in advance for "moving" this thread...perhaps thats why I have not got many replies, I was hoping this meant not many were applying in the FC therefore quicker for us...lol...
    70m45 whats FOB?...my Hubby has an Employment Tribunal on 14,15,16th of this month, if he wins enough we may well be able to invest more in property, but I do always err
    on the side of caution so not allowing for any extra cash in my calculations at the mo'. Will certainly keep you posted. Are you from the uk? where are you living now? We will be going to Hawkes Bay, Napier Hastings area. My daughter and son-in-law have 2 scrumptious children (boy 3yr and girl 1yr)...just cannot wait...
    So...if Gav has a BIG win can we re-apply as investors...would it be quicker...sorry, its like asking how long is a piece of string, but any ideas would be interesting.

How do you mean apply/re-apply as investors? The $500k route is Tier One.

Page 1 of 39 123 ... LastLast