Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sling shot vs Telecom

Default Sling shot vs Telecom

Need a few opinions on experiences with Sling shot vs Telecom for a landline/internet bundle. Thanks.

We have been paying for my husband's dad's Sling shot account and their customer service has been a pain in the butt. But it seems like every time my husband or his dad call it is the same issue. So when we finally land in NZ we are changing from Slingshot to something else. Still TBD on what exactly.

Default Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by kiwihusker View Post
    We have been paying for my husband's dad's Sling shot account and their customer service has been a pain in the butt. But it seems like every time my husband or his dad call it is the same issue. So when we finally land in NZ we are changing from Slingshot to something else. Still TBD on what exactly.
    I called their customer service and they answered, said they were too busy and would call me back, which they never did...Telecom won out!

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    I called their customer service and they answered, said they were too busy and would call me back, which they never did...Telecom won out!
    Heehee!

It depends on usage as well, we use a lot of data so Total Home Broadband works perfect for us - regardless of that I think you have more options/packages to choose with big brother

Personally, I've had no problems with Vodafone for my mobile and Vodafone for my landline and Internet access. Also got their discount with Sky and a femtocell to give me a better mobile phone signal.

Was initially told that it might take up to a year for broadband when we moved - not enough capacity at the exchange - but even this was resolved in a couple of days.

We looked at slingshot but speeds were bad here.... went with orcon and been really impressed. The other one was Telstra who have a pretty good deal right now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    Need a few opinions on experiences with Sling shot vs Telecom for a landline/internet bundle. Thanks.
    Very happy indeed with Telecom Total Home Lite. Very reliable, customer service good when needed and when we moved house very painless. Decent speeds too.

I'm with Snap. It does help that we get an extra 25GB a month because of who I work for, but their customer service and Twitter support has been immense so far.

We are with Telecom. At the moment, the service is not bad, but initially we had all sorts of dramas. They took a very long time to hook us up, then disconnected it for no reason, and we didn't get very good or prompt customer service.

I think when our 12 month contract is up, we will change to Telstra as they seem to have a better monthly deal...(although Telecom just doubled our data allowance, which is nice!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast