Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to find offer of employment ??

Default how to find offer of employment ??

Hello guys,

I am Egyptian, 30 years old and i am software developer with 2-3 years experience, I have calculated my points for immigration to NZ and i only got 105, I found that last EOI with 105 points & no job offer is selected was last year. So if i submit an EOI, it will be expired cuz i won't be selected during the 6 months.

Soo i have thought to get an offer of employment.

Is it easy to find a job (in field of IT) to help me for the immigration before i come to NZ ? .. if yes, how ? what are the ways to find it ?
    Anyone in IT field has experienced in this situation before ?

Thanks

Hello and welcome. People who have gone through the process will probably be in touch later, after NZ wakes up.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome. People who have gone through the process will probably be in touch later, after NZ wakes up.
    Thanks JandM .. hope any1 could help and advice me soon

Quote Originally Posted by nanak12 View Post
    Hello guys,

Is it easy to find a job (in field of IT) to help me for the immigration before i come to NZ ? .. if yes, how ? what are the ways to find it ?
    Anyone in IT field has experienced in this situation before ?

Thanks
    Hi nanak12,
    welcome to the forum. Many of us had come in the same route.. Mostly Employers will recruit from overseas if the skillsets are specific/rare and they could not get anyone locally.. There are few job search websites like seek.co.nz & trademe.co.nz/jobs Search in them and how many jobs are available for your skillset. I think thats the starting place. Also, if you carefully watch for few weeks, you will find some of the jobs will be re-advertised again and again by different recruitment agencies and the employer. Most likely those skillsets are on demand
    Good luck with everything

Adding to indo_americano,
    Try to apply for jobs through those sites if you are eligible (some jobs require you to have the Visa before you napply). Try to look into Careeer section of organixations that you are interested in and see if they have any vacancy; apply if you find one. Be in touch with recruiters or HRs and keep them updating about your status/situation so that they know how hard you are trying to come to NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by indo_americano View Post
    Hi nanak12,
    welcome to the forum. Many of us had come in the same route.. Mostly Employers will recruit from overseas if the skillsets are specific/rare and they could not get anyone locally.. There are few job search websites like seek.co.nz & trademe.co.nz/jobs Search in them and how many jobs are available for your skillset. I think thats the starting place. Also, if you carefully watch for few weeks, you will find some of the jobs will be re-advertised again and again by different recruitment agencies and the employer. Most likely those skillsets are on demand
    Good luck with everything
    Hi indo_americano,
    Thanks for the reply.. yeah its all true about what you said But i saw a lot of members here on this forum got a job offer, One of them is you , Did you get it overseas from those two websites or you were in NZ ?

Quote Originally Posted by sribhat View Post
    Adding to indo_americano,
    Try to apply for jobs through those sites if you are eligible (some jobs require you to have the Visa before you napply). Try to look into Careeer section of organixations that you are interested in and see if they have any vacancy; apply if you find one. Be in touch with recruiters or HRs and keep them updating about your status/situation so that they know how hard you are trying to come to NZ.
    Thanks sribhat

I got it when i was outside NZ. Apart from those two, there is a careerjet.co.nz which is a search engine for job websites. Its like indeed.com in US.

Quote Originally Posted by nanak12 View Post
    Hi indo_americano,
    Thanks for the reply.. yeah its all true about what you said But i saw a lot of members here on this forum got a job offer, One of them is you , Did you get it overseas from those two websites or you were in NZ ?
    Last edited by indo_americano; 7th August 2012 at 07:32 PM.

On the same note indeed.com has its nz version nz.indeed.com

Thanks indo_americano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast