Thread: Moving from Christchurch to Auckland.. problems.

Default Moving from Christchurch to Auckland.. problems.

I will be moving in a month's time, and thus far have had trouble finding a suitable flat in Auckland to rent. I'd like to get it just right, so I don't need to move again anytime in the foreseeable future, and so far I haven't found anything that ticks all the boxes yet. There are two major problems, as well: 1) If I find a place I want to view, I will need to fly down to Auckland to view. This would need to be done over the weekend as I can't take any time off work. But most rental agencies don't want to arrange viewings on weekends. And 2) All the properties advertised on realestate.co.nz seem to want to rent out immediately. That means I can't see one I like now and arrange to move in in a month's time. But if I wait til 1-2 weeks before my departure to find a place, there's a pretty high chance I won't be able to find a decent one, and the viewing problems will still remain.

So my plan was to go to Auckland first, rent short-term accommodation and then look for proper accommodation from there. But there is another problem with this: I need to get all my stuff from Christchurch to Auckland, and I have enough stuff that I will need to utilize a moving service for that. But I can't have them move the stuff into my short-term accommodation, so where will my stuff go in the mean time? Is it possible for the moving service to store them for me until the delivery date?

Ultimately, what would be the most cost-efficient way to arrange this move? Am I going about it the wrong way?

There are many different storage facilities in and around Auckland. https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&outp...w=1112&bih=768

Or you could look for similar places in Christchurch, and have your things sent on after you've found a flat you like.

Thank you! Will do that. Apparently some shipping companies offer storage too.