Thread: Conversion of SF Practical Experience to Permanent Residency

Default Conversion of SF Practical Experience to Permanent Residency

Hi!

Would just like to share my situation and maybe you guys can help me:

I am a food technologist currently holding a SF Practical Experience Visa.

Would want to apply for PR but just as when I was accomplishing my EOI it revealed to me that my current work as QA Coordinator does not match as that of the ANZCO list for food scientist which primarily involves product development, instead I matched with the QA Manager.

My questions are:
    1. Can I still be automatically selected just as long as I am above 140 points?
    2. What is the effect of not being in the LTSL or ISSL?
    3. Can I still have a chance of being granted a residency visa in the long run given this situation?

Please enlighten me.

Thanks in advance.

You can't get the points for skilled employment in NZ except if you meet the requirements here - without being on the skills list, it has to match up as mentioned. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/ Go to Residence » Skilled Migrant Category » SM7 Skilled employment » SM7.10 Skilled Employment. Would you still make the 140 without points for your current employment?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You can't get the points for skilled employment in NZ except if you meet the requirements here - without being on the skills list, it has to match up as mentioned. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/ Go to Residence » Skilled Migrant Category » SM7 Skilled employment » SM7.10 Skilled Employment. Would you still make the 140 without points for your current employment?
    Hi! I will be down at a roughly 110 points without my current skilled employment. the description matches that of the qa manager but the title doesnt anzco also specified an alternatove title as qa facilitator which is different from my title as qa coordinator now. Based on the ops manual i can claim for skilled employment points but should it match exactly in the anzco titles?

Thanks again.

No, your job title doesn't matter in the slightest - it's what the necessary skills are that counts. After all, employers can please themselves what they CALL something, so you can get 'shop assistant', 'sales representative', 'customer liaison operative', 'customer choice adviser', 'floor supervisor' and 'outlet executive' all meaning a person who stands in a store and takes your money, depending on how flattering the boss wants to be towards particular members of staff!

Therefore, regardless of your job title, put yourself in on the form as whichever ANZSCO heading has the description that best matches your skills as they are used in your present employment. You'll have to explain how it fits, but as long as you can do that, and it's using the skills from your qualification, you should be fine.

I think that should get you around 150 points, from what you have said. So you'd be selected at the next fortnight's pick.