Thread: Please wait......

Default Please wait......

Hello,
    we are couple from singapore. Our ITA was officialy lodged on 01 August 2011, CO was assigned shortly afterwards. Our CO was changed on 01 Feb 2012. On 10 July 2012 I informed my new CO that my wife had got pregnant, he said that he would get back to us in one week time, no reply yet. On 01 August 2012 it had been one year since we lodged our ITA. We would like to go to NZ as soon as possible, because we plan to buy a house there, but more we wait, more prices will go up. Our case is at Welly branch. Not sure what to do, I do not want to be too assertive to my CO, but on the other hand, it seems that our case is a bit delayed compared to the others. Maybe this delay is caused by initial CO change? Any advice?
    Thanks

Hello and welcome.

In your place, I think I would contact the CO again. You can do this without being too pushy if you put in your email or letter that it is now a month since he said he would contact you in one week - is there some further information he needs from you, or could some contact have gone astray?

Hello and thank you for reply
    I have checked my spam folder and inbox, but nothing there. CO did not mention anything about new information, he just said that he would mail back in one week time. I expected him to ask for the new info in his next mail. I will email him again, hope he will not get mad

No, I mean, you ASK him if he needs more information, as a GOOD reason for getting in touch with him, in the hope it will jog his memory to get on with your case.

Hi, we are in the same boat as you it's been 13 months since we sent our ITA and we still have no idea when we might eventually get a visa. The last thing that we know is that the verification process took too much time and our CO is trying to stop it but this doesn't depend on him.