Thread: Do Children Automatically Get PR?

Default Do Children Automatically Get PR?

Hi All

Our SMC application is in progress with INZ. My question is…will our children automaticity qualify for lifetime PR after 2 years?

Thanks
    James

No, it depends on several conditions; just read the manual. Points to be considered are dependancy, location, ccommitment, age... and more.

Are your children part of your application, how old are they, and will they still be dependent on you financially when you are eligible for PR, if you put in for it at the earliest moment, two years after arrival?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudgun View Post
    Hi All

Our SMC application is in progress with INZ. My question is…will our children automaticity qualify for lifetime PR after 2 years?

Thanks
    James
    Below is my understanding & personal opinion:

In general yes but this will also depend on their age - they will qualify for PR as long as main applicant fulfills all conditions for a PR. Our child was approved in our application when she was 18 yrs old, she has been overseas for about year now and when she enquired with INZ office, they mentioned that her visa validity will be same as mine (main applicant).

Here is the comprehensive info, you might want to read through RV1.20.5 in particular.

So it sounds as long as if my OH and I and PR our kids are too? We could be living in another country when they turn 18 and they could e.g.. go to uni or live in NZ??