Thread: points for age

Default points for age

So I just checked the status of my ITA today and it's still sitting at pending with no lodgement date (it arrived NZ house London 26th July). They have been in it today (I did the print application thing from the EOI bit) and they've knocked 5 points off today. The only reason I can think of for this is that hubby, who is main applicant, turned 30 yesterday (12th aug) however, after looking at previous forum posts and reading the ITA guide I thought that if the application was received/lodged prior to the birthday they shouldn't change the points for age as per the guide....

INZ awards points for age to recognise that younger people will be able to make a longer-term contribution to New Zealand.
    If you are invited to apply for residence and you turn 56 years of age before you lodge your application, we will not be able to approve your application.
    It is also important you understand if you have a birthday between being sent an Invitation to Apply and your application being lodged, this may mean you fall into a different age bracket. If this happens, and you are no longer eligible for as many points (see the table below), we may not be able to approve your application

lodge your application before your birthday
    Although you have four months in which to lodge your application, if you know your upcoming birthday will change the age bracket you fall into, it is in your interest to lodge your application before your birthday – even though you have four months to do so.

We specifically put our application in to allow for the two weeks lodgement process (taking us up to 9th aug) but due to delays at NZ house we are still waiting for confirmation of our lodgement. Have I totally misunderstood all of this and in the grand scheme of things will it actually make a difference - we still have 150 points after the 5 have been knocked off.

Thanks

jenny

It won't make any difference at all. Any EOI which has a points score of 140 or more will be selected at the next fortnightly pick. There's no essential difference between 140, and something over 200, for the purposes of being selected.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It won't make any difference at all. Any EOI which has a points score of 140 or more will be selected at the next fortnightly pick. There's no essential difference between 140, and something over 200, for the purposes of being selected.
    They've submitted their ITA though and it hasn't been lodged yet.

Basically your ITA is "lodged" when it's processed and input into the system by a CO. But because you're at ITA stage, your points don't matter any more, as long as you can just prove all the points you claimed for.

Oh, sorry - wrong set of initials! Just take the first sentence of my reply - it won't make any difference at all - and that's still correct.