Thread: Apply Variation of Travel Conditions - how long it takes?

Question Apply Variation of Travel Conditions - how long it takes?

I have Australian PR and it will be expired in Feb/2013. I know I can come to NZ and appy a Variation of Travel Conditions (24-month) visa there. I am just wondering if any one experienced this and how long it takes? Is that will be very long (weeks, months?) or the visa can be sticked on my passport right there in the immigration office if I have everything they required?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by acerlinux View Post
    I have Australian PR and it will be expired in Feb/2013. I know I can come to NZ and appy a Variation of Travel Conditions (24-month) visa there. I am just wondering if any one experienced this and how long it takes? Is that will be very long (weeks, months?) or the visa can be sticked on my passport right there in the immigration office if I have everything they required?

Thanks in advance.
    See this thread for a more detailed response but in short...

Yes, fill out the relevant forms (1175) and turn up at one of the Immigration Offices where they do drop-ins and they can do it there and then.

Quote Originally Posted by pdotie View Post
    See this thread for a more detailed response but in short...

Yes, fill out the relevant forms (1175) and turn up at one of the Immigration Offices where they do drop-ins and they can do it there and then.
    Thanks very much pdotie . I am wondering if you have relevant exp, would you mind to let me know which immigration office you attended to get this done? Have you booked in advance? That will be appreciated.

I went to the Auckland branch - no booking, just had all the forms filled out before I went and they did it there and then.