Thread: Simple NZ Resident Visa/PR Process Related Query..

Default Simple NZ Resident Visa/PR Process Related Query..

Dear All,

I have recently joined the forum, needless to say, have recently applied for NZ EOI SKilled Worker category as well..
    I was reading about NZ Resident Visa/PR program and thought myself to be good fit for the same.

I applied for EOI - Skilled Worked category after reading quite a bit..
    The 2 steps involved per the NZ Immigration website is:

1. EOI
    2. ITA

But, As I go thru' the forum - I see that there are many more steps than just the 2, as listed.

As I understand:
    - There is EOI, followed by EOI selection (As mentioned on NZ Immigration Website)
    - The above is followed by ITA sent to the applicant and ITA submission after necessary medical and police certs, grad certs, experience letters etc..

The above 2 are clearly mentioned on NZ Immigration website too..

I also read that:
    - CO is assigned for each ITA application. Whats the role of CO, apart from verification of documents?
    - NZQ is to be peformed at some stage. What exactly is this?
    - Interview after ITA approval..
    - Passport to be sent across for Blue Stickers..

Can some one be kind enough to explain the above listed steps as well, as to when these are to be done and completed during the process for new comers to the forum and NZ immigration process?

Thank you.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by vishvall View Post
    I also read that:
    - CO is assigned for each ITA application. Whats the role of CO, apart from verification of documents?
    The Case Officer (CO) will verify all of your documents and decide what the next step is. If your medical shows something as abnormal, they'll refer your case to a Medical Advisor (MA). If they need more information, they will ask you for it. They may contact some of the people or organisations you've referenced for further clarification etc. If your case is clear then they will recommend your residence application is approved and get it verified by a supervisor.

- NZQ is to be peformed at some stage. What exactly is this?
    NZQA is an assessment of your qualifications. Not all applicants need this. If your qualifications are exempt from assessment, you will be fine. See Appendix 3 on this list.

- Interview after ITA approval..
    If you are applying without a job offer, the CO will organise an interview with you, usually over the phone, once all the other aspects of your application have been verified. It is usually the last stage in the process and is there to assess your suitability, how likely you are to find a job, what you understand about the process of emigrating and some of the issues you might face, and the likelihood you will settle in NZ. Based on this, the CO may recommend residence (if they're satisfied you're up for it), work-to-residence (if they have some doubts) or reject your application.

If you have a job offer, you don't go through the interview as you have already succeeded in overcoming one of the biggest hurdles of the emigration process.

- Passport to be sent across for Blue Stickers..
    The Blue Stickers are your visas and have to be put in your passport after you are approved but before you travel to NZ.

I've just one thing to add.

work-to-residence (if they have some doubts)
    The names of things have changed since November 2010, and this is now called a Job Search Visa (deferred residence).

Hope this chart will give you better insights of steps. Reckon i had taken this picture from some thread in our forum

SMCpart1v2.jpg
    SMCpart2v2.jpg
    Last edited by SG2NZ; 15th August 2012 at 05:24 PM.

Thank you all. Appreciate it.