Thread: Using UK wireless router in NZ

Default Using UK wireless router in NZ

Yes, I know this question has been asked before and I know in theory the router will work here but...

...it was connected to the 'phone line in the UK but we currently have a cable modem in the new place. Can you buy a DSL to cable adaptor in NZ? Apologies if that is a daft question. As you may have guessed I am no IT expert...

I brought my wireless router from the UK that I used on my Virgin Media account. And I've now got it connected to my Vodafone NZ wireless router to extend the wireless coverage.

Yes (this is my chance to brag!), two routers connected together as my kiwi home is too big one one router to provide enough wireless coverage!

Just google how to do this if you're not sure.

Routers are fairly cheap and getting cleverer every year, so pack your UK router as you'll never know if you"ll need it.

.it was connected to the 'phone line in the UK but we currently have a cable modem in the new place. Can you buy a DSL to cable adaptor in NZ?
    NO - they are not compatible. DSL telephone technology differs to Cable (coaxial).

Quote Originally Posted by Super_BQ View Post
    NO - they are not compatible. DSL telephone technology differs to Cable (coaxial).
    Okay, that answers that question thank you. Off to Dick Smith it is for a new one then!