Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NZ recruitment processes - is it really like this?

So I am still waiting to hear back from a company I interviewed with 2.5 years ago and another I interviewed with before Christmas....after several emails to them and no response, not even a sorry no...just shows me that I am better off not working with them...good luck!

hey its is nice to be here. I acknowledged something new thanks.

From my experience, recruitment agencies are a royal pain to deal with. After having arrived here (with my husband working and I seeking employment) I found out why. A MAJOR recruiter in the CHCH area listed an advert. for "SALES ASSOCIATE".. this sales associate job was actually a recruiter position! I am sorry, but my recruiter should NOT be trying to sell me anything.

As for Government work, I am now employed by the Department of Corrections and cannot speak highly enough of the recruitment process. From closing deadline to hire was less than 3 months ( 4 months faster than the USA), and at EVERY step of the process candidates received quality and clear feedback of their status. I, however, was on the island for the process. As for my husband, the recruitment and interview process was at a standstill UNTIL he went to the island in PERSON for interviews and then door flew open and opportunity abounded.

Our lives and the lives of our children have changed DRAMATICALLY for the better. NZ is great and awesome and everything you think it will be AND MORE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12