Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG moments

Default OMG moments

Does anyone else have those OMG moments where you're sat there and do something that suddenly makes you realise "OMG, I'm in NZ!!!" Is it because I'm still quite fresh over here, or do these moments last for years? Nothing wrong with them, I quite enjoy them at the moment.

I drove the kids over to Waimarama beach today, the drive back takes in the ocean on one side, then the Tuki Tuki, swiftly followed by Craggy Range winery and Te Mata peak. The views on the drive literally make me speechless, I hope I never get bored of them! Mind you, the school run is pretty spectacular too, the mountain ranges in the background never fail to make me do an internal 'wow' of excitement.

I had one today. It was such a beautiful day and the boy had a bye in Rugby so we popped over to Abel Tasman for a hike. Sitting in a little bay, while the kids were climbing trees and the Tui and Fantail sang their songs, I turned to my husband and said, "This is the most amazing life!"

Yup, still have them 4 yr in......mainly stunningly gorgeous weather and stunning views, smiley genuinely happy supermarket staff and so many supremely positive people.

Yes had a few esp last 2 days waking up in OUR own house with birds singing, kids playing before school and sun streaming in the window....

The tuis are just starting to bark and gurgle in the flax again this year, and I drive partway around one of the most important wetlands in the country every day and admire the tides, birdlife etc. This is home, but I still marvel at its beauty. I could never live anywhere else.

I LOVE tuis...

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I LOVE tuis...
    Reason #8 why I'm coming home.

The birdsong here is amazing; we have moreporks at night as well
    I'm looking forward to having OMG moments for years and years to come!

Me too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast