Thread: Wedding flowers...

Question Wedding flowers...

Quick question - we have our wedding bouquet which has been pressed and presented behind glass (like a painting). It was made in 1993 so nearly 20 years old!

My question is: would we be allowed to bring into New Zealand? Or would they confiscate and destroy?

If we were allowed to take it, should we send by sea or take with us on our flight out...

It would be a shame to leave it behind, but better to do so if there was a risk of losing it.

Ta,

Why don't you contact MAF for a firm answer? There's a contact option on here. http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/enter/declare

I second JandM's suggestion- I brought a big fish head which was professional prepared (probably the wrong expression for it....) and mounted on a piece of wood.
    We sent an email to MAF which I had printed out, then went through the 'declare' option at customs and had no problem bringing the 'trophy' :-) in. The staff at the airport is usually really, really nice if you don't try to hide anything, I found.

Many years ago I brought, on the plane, a photograph that my mother made for my mother-in-law that had dried and preserved flowers in it. They just looked at it and said, "That's pretty".
    I also brought, in my shipping container, a wedding photo that has the orchids from my wedding preserved behind glass. I declared it, there were no problems. I packed it in a heater box that was roughly the same shape as the photo but much larger. I then wrapped it in bubble wrap and then wrapped it in three woolen blankets. My husband packed it in the container in a way that nothing could fall on it and so that it could not fall itself. It made here in one piece.

I'd go by what JandM said, few years back I was watching one TV programme (Border Security), a Kiwi couple had to throw away their wedding bouquet at the airport (probably because it was just 2 weeks old at that time)