Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas?? HELP NEEDED

Default Any ideas?? HELP NEEDED

Hi All,

My names Alex i am currently on a work visa i have been on this for 2 years almost. I have spoken to NZI and been told my job is not skilled enough (mobile patrol officer). My family moved here before me and are all residency.

I had a NZ girlfriend who i have a 3 year old son with here also but we have parted ways but still have shared custody of the wee man.

I have been told my chances of getting another work visa are very low and my job skill level is 5 it needed to be 1-4 to be accepted as a skilled job category.

I have been told i need to find a more skilled job but i live in Timaru close to my son and there is not meny skilled jobs i can do here. My mum was going to sponser me under 'adult child' as im only 24 but that has not closed.

Any ideas of what i should appy/do would be very welcome!!

Regards

Alex

This is a painful situation for you - sympathies.

If there is no chance of a reconciliation with your former partner, it looks as though your only hope of further visas is through your work. If that is the case, I feel you are going to have to take a decision you would prefer not to, and, even if it's only in the short term, move yourself to where you can get a more skilled job so as to qualify. Would there be something for you in Christchurch? The INZ rules aren't going to change, so you're going to have to change something in order to fit the requirements. Better to be within the same country as your son and other family, and able to visit for weekends etc., than back to your original homeland, isn't it?

As a matter of interest, what kind of work visa do you have at the moment? What job were you doing in order to be granted that?

Yeah i thought that was going to be the case just very hard because im young (24) and not meny skilled jobs i can get with out going to uni or poly. I am currently on a work visa it expires the end of march but trying to get it sorted before i am to late.

No me and my sons mother are friends but we are finished. running out of ideas i guess

Another thought, apart from work. Is there any way you could get funding to do something eligible for a student visa? If you get a NZ qualification, that's a big step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by alex1310 View Post
    I have been told i need to find a more skilled job but i live in Timaru close to my son and there is not meny skilled jobs i can do here. My mum was going to sponser me under 'adult child' as im only 24 but that has not closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex1310 View Post
    Yeah i thought that was going to be the case just very hard because im young (24) and not meny skilled jobs i can get with out going to uni or poly. I am currently on a work visa it expires the end of march but trying to get it sorted before i am to late.
    Many, with an A.

^^ don't be mean.

Alex, I really feel for you. I was wondering too about the student visa option too. Not only could it keep you in the country, but you could learn new skills to apply to get a longer term work permit / PR later on down the line. I'm not too up on the latest visa requirements, but it's certainly worth looking at. You have seven months to get this in order, start now! All the best.

Alex, This just breaks my heart. It's so hard to believe that we live in a society that doesn't have a way for a father to stay in the same country as his son!

Have you tried looking for work in the fishing industry and getting sponsorship through them? The two I know are www.talleys.co.nz and www.sealord.co.nz
    I know some people that have worked for residency through them.

Also, although you seem to be reluctant to consider polytech, it could be the best way to go. Not only would you get the right to stay in the country but you just might find that you get on the path to a career to see you through your life.

Have you considered the dairy industry?

All the best to you. I couldn't imagine what it is like to face the prospect of being separated from your child.
    Last edited by kiwieagle; 24th August 2012 at 06:14 PM.

Thank you everyone.

I have tried talking to my local member of parliament Jo Goodhew's office and my response was that 'people shouldnt come here and start familys without being skilled' and 'you should start saving now and 'get in contact with friends to find a place to live in the UK' Me and my mum were both shocked so we decided to leave it.

I have tried talking with NZI call centre but no joy. Thinking i will have to go to Christchurch or Dunedin and sit down with someone because im out of ideas.

I have thought about the study also but i think i would need to pay international student fees?

thanks all for your help so far

Alex, how did you get the work visa that you are on now? Was it for the job you are currently doing?

Hi again.

I got my current work visa under the job i have now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast