Thread: Malaysia Air??

Talking Malaysia Air??

Hi All

Have been looking for flights from Uk to Auckland and the cheapest I can see is Malaysia Air.

Has anyone used this airline before? we will have 2 you children with us 4 and 2 so hoping this airline caters for them as much as it does for me and hubby

Any views on this airline would be greatly recieved, thank you

Rach

We have flown with Malaysian Air a couple of times and found them very good. What I will say though is prices fluctuate daily even hourly sometimes it all depends on getting the right price at the right time. One day you can find for instance Air Malaysia have the best price then the next day its Singaore air or Emirates etc. So check when you are ready to book for the best deal at that precise time.

Thats great thank you so much for the advice.

Rach

We're flying Malaysian in October - like you we found it the cheapest. I also found the cheapest website to go via was Skyscanner.

I've heard lots of good things about Malaysian but I've not flown with them myself, I can't remember whether any of those who've recommended them has kids though. Not really much help sorry.

We flew out with them in February and they were great with the kids (we had an 18 month old, 4 year old and 7 year old) I will say that the food wasn't particularly great for the kids, or maybe it's just mine are a bit fussy, but the 4 yr old and 7 yr old still joke about the 'fish porridge' they were given on one leg of the journey! Luckily I'd packed some crackers, chips and raisins etc so they didn't starve but I found even the adult food to be a grim. The stewards/ground staff couldn't have been more helpful though, and made what could have been a hideous experience (just leaving 'home', 3 young kids, 24 hour flight etc) a lot less painful. I'd recommend them, highly (just take some kid friendly snacks!)

Had a good experience with MH from SG to Paris. Would fly with them again

Talking

Thanks everyone, sounds like if we go with Malaysia Air then we won't really need to worry. Well maybe just food for kids being as ours are picky too, but I will be sure to pack plenty of snacks

Rach

I'm biased coz I'm Malaysian, but the national airline is pretty decent by all standards. I know for a fact that they have biscuits if you ask, so no need to put up with 'fish porridge', which I personally think is only fit for someone having the flu!