Thread: Time Periods from EOI

Question Time Periods from EOI

Hello friends-to-be,
    I find this blog ENZ to be very informative and would like to thank every contributor.

I am about to submit my EOI, but am wondering about the time periods.

Then, I be given 4 months (?) to submit the documentation including police report, medical check.

Next, hopefully, they will issue me resident visa.

Do I have 2 years (?) to decide when to move to NZ?

Then, I probably have to stay for 184 days for the next 2 years to apply for PR.

And with PR, I can decide whether to stay in NZ or move elsewhere.

Is the time periods accurate?

Thanks in anticipation

I am about to submit my EOI, but am wondering about the time periods.

Then, I be given 4 months (?) to submit the documentation including police report, medical check.
    You will submit your EOI. Then there will be a time while it is in the pool, waiting to be selected. It is not possible to predict how long this will take.

If your EOI is selected, the notification will come, and from that point, you have the four months to submit all the required evidence.

Next, hopefully, they will issue me resident visa.
    The processing can take months. Google "NZ immigration (whichever) branch processing times" (for the office you will have to submit to), to see what their current estimate is.

Do I have 2 years (?) to decide when to move to NZ?
    No. If your application is Approved In Principal, you then have six months in which to pay the migrant levy, then send in your passport to have the visa (sticker) put in it. From the date the visa goes in your passport, you have another 12 months before you must arrive in NZ to get your passport stamped on the way in - this is called activating your visa. (You HAVE to be in NZ before the year is up, or the visa will lapse.)

Then, I probably have to stay for 184 days for the next 2 years to apply for PR.
    Two years after activation is the soonest you can qualify for PR. There are various ways to qualify, not only the time-in-NZ option. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm You do not HAVE to qualify for PR as soon as two years after arrival.

JandM,

thanks. I found it. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/ in case anyone wants it.

Ok. It takes 6 - 9 mths after submitting a selected EOI. This means about 1 year if I submit the EOI soon.... Pretty long and enough time for preparation.

yes you have 6 months to pay for the migrant levy

This is an old thread from 2012. There is a new fee structure for residence visas now (2016), so those currently applying don't have a migrant levy to pay at the end, but the other timings are still correct.