Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Franchises

Default Franchises

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend if a franchise is a good route to go down if planning to apply for a business visa. I have always wanted my own business, maybe this could be the time to do it?!!

Madoxen ( doesn't post anymore) went down that route and is coming up to 18 months now on his LTBV using a franchise.ok.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

We also considered it as another option to get into country if we couldn't get a job offer. Never looked into it too hard but as you can see, it's definitely do-able

Sounds promising, something I'll have to dig a bit deeper to get information!

If the people that own the Dunkin Donuts stores in Auckland don't own the franchise rights to the whole country, I'd go that route. My little brother (in Wellington) will order donuts from the Auckland Airport store and have them couriered down! I don't know why they haven't expanded.

I forgot I started this post, dunkin donuts really?!

Quote Originally Posted by benj1980 View Post
    Hi guys

Can anyone recommend if a franchise is a good route to go down if planning to apply for a business visa. I have always wanted my own business, maybe this could be the time to do it?!!
    Hi there,
    Not sure if you are looking at the hospitality trade, but we are a Kiwi couple who own a very popular fish and chips takeaway in Auckland...have won a number of awards, our customers come from all over Auckland, we've had it for 8 years it is certainly profitable. We have now decided to sell it and take a break and a well deserved holiday. We have run our business very professionally and all our accounts, end of year books etc that have been signed off by an Auckland accounting firm are available for full disclosure to the buyer, immigration agent or NZ immigration. So it's like buying a franchise in the sense it is a well developed brand and runs smoothly and efficiently and we would impart full training to you supported by documented processes and protocols but here you would be your own boss and you won't have to continuously pay royalty to a franchise owner. If you are still looking to buy a food business please do get in touch through our email XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Thanks, Trevor & Tina
    Last edited by IanW99; 3rd May 2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Rule 10: No personal details

Quote Originally Posted by Best Chippies View Post
    Hi there,
    Not sure if you are looking at the hospitality trade, but we are a Kiwi couple who own a very popular fish and chips takeaway in Auckland...have won a number of awards, our customers come from all over Auckland, we've had it for 8 years it is certainly profitable. We have now decided to sell it and take a break and a well deserved holiday. We have run our business very professionally and all our accounts, end of year books etc that have been signed off by an Auckland accounting firm are available for full disclosure to the buyer, immigration agent or NZ immigration. So it's like buying a franchise in the sense it is a well developed brand and runs smoothly and efficiently and we would impart full training to you supported by documented processes and protocols but here you would be your own boss and you won't have to continuously pay royalty to a franchise owner. If you are still looking to buy a food business please do get in touch through our email XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Thanks, Trevor & Tina
    Hi
    In order for people to contact you you would need to make 5 posts then you can be contacted via the pm system

Thanks Dave. Will do.

To be honest I never even thought of a chippie! Not sure why not to be honest either! I am a teacher by trade and have looked at the teaching/tutoring franchises, but they don't seem to be as profitable as the UK. At least I am doing my homework... Can anyone recommend any good franchises with a modest start up (up to around £30k). Anyone got any recommendations? I am open to most things and ideas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast