Thread: Leaving the UK for NZ - Who do I tell?

Default Leaving the UK for NZ - Who do I tell?

I've had a good look through the forum for the answer to this but to no avail, so here goes...

My OH and our youngest daughter flew out last week and I fly out with our two older daughters next week but I'm wondering do I need to tell any UK authorities that we're leaving the UK, and if so, who?

Thanks folks,

Paul.

The Inland Revenue and Child Benefit would be the first two that come to mind.

Cancel contracts such as Sky TV and mobile phones - if you can convince them you're REALLY GOING. There are people on here who have been followed across the world by angry letters about not being able to collect Direct Debits, although they'd phoned the relevant people before stopping the permissions. So it's probably a good idea to do a belt-and-braces for evidence that you've told them - get the name and details of the person you speak to if you phone, and also keep a copy of a letter you back up with, mentioning this person, what was said, and the date and time of the call.

This is the Inland Revenue webpage with the details of tax when leaving the UK including who to tell and what form to fill in:
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/tax-leave-uk.htm