Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We go tomorrow.....

Default We go tomorrow.....

I can't believe we actually go tomorrow!!! Feeling massively stressed, up to our eyes in packing and sorting last minute bits before we go. Had a bit of a get-together to say goodbye to friends and family yesterday, very upsetting. My wife and kids have still got to say goodbye to my in-laws - that'll be the toughest yet. Arrrggghhh!!! It's all getting a but much!!! Feel panicked/excited/sad/happy/worried/manic all in the space of a minute, and just thought i'd take a minute to put a post on here!!!
    Also would like to ask a last minute question - what is the equivalent of an A-Z in NZ (a detailed city street map for non-UK'ers), and where would i buy one when we land?
    Cheers
    Paul

Good luck with the move!

Wises map book is an equivalent to A-z. http://www.officebuy.co.nz/p/3201051...-map-book.aspx

I can't remember where I bought mine when I first arrived but was probably a book shop in the local mall. I'm sure someone else can tell you more detail!

Yes, and our other must-have is the AA New Zealand road atlas - even if you're sticking around Auckland initially, you can find yourself off the edge of Wise's Auckland. I THINK I remember seeing them in the airport, but if not, they're available in most filling station shops.

Safe journey and happy landings.

Good luck you will love it.......plus you won't get lost even without a map unless you go into Auckland. As you can just stop and ask people....there aren't too many motorways so there's always someone out walking/ mowing their lawn ! Such friendly people !

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Good luck with the move! Where are you heading for?

As for a road map, we bought a map of Wellington from the AA shop on day 1 and it's been quite useful. We don't use it so much now, but it was definitely useful in the early days.

One thing I noticed, using the Road Atlas - a lot of the names marked along the roads aren't actually towns or villages. The name can be just a place where, e.g., the drives from three or four farms come out onto the main road. If you're going a distance, and you think, 'Okay, we'll stop for lunch at X,' or, 'We'll be able to get more petrol at X,' it's a good idea to look up that place on the internet first, just to be certain it will have some facilities there.

Very important. We had turn back between Taupo and Napier to get petrol. Lots of hills and sheep - no petrol.

Good luck with your move. We are 5 days behind you.

I totally understand. I'm a week behind you. You're nearly there--travel well and safely!

It's gonna be sweet! Don't worry

Maps are available in all the gas (petrol) stations.

Enjoy the in-flight movies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast