Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 days in ...

Default 3 days in ...

Well we got here in one piece on Saturday afternoon. Another one singing the praises of Singapore Airlines - they were great from start to finish. We were slightly over our luggage allowance, even allowing for our migrants' double helpings, and were going to take the final suitcase into the cabin (it was small enough to do so) but the lady at check-in wouldn't hear of it - she had no problem adding it to our hold luggage at no extra cost. Plus we had a pushchair and a carseat which they accept over and above baggage allowance!

We had a 3 hour stopover in Sinapore - the kids loved the play area and the escalators (!) and then onto our next flight. Unfortunately, there was a toddler on the flight who had no intention of sleeping even though it was a night flight. Even more unfortunately it was our toddler I guess 2 night flights in a row wasn't the best plan. The cabin crew were great, but 9 hours is a lot for a 2.5 year old to sit quiet and still ... Anyway, it finally ended and we got through customs and immigration at Auckland with no hassle whatsoever. They couldn't have been more helpful in fact - I think the sight of us with 2 trollies laden with suitcases and 2 hyperactive children may have tugged at their heartstrings a bit...

Orewa is beautiful - the beach is incredible and the boys have already tried out a few of the parks. Hubby had to go back to work yesterday morning so I've been doing some shopping, opening a bank account (no glass between the public and the tellers - so weird!) and even went to have a look at a section this morning. Been figuring out our toploader washing machine and surviving with minimal kitchen equipment - just like camping My older son thinks emigrating is just like going on a big long holiday and never going back Visiting a couple of primary schools in the next week with a view to him starting the week after next. That will give him a couple of weeks there and then a couple of weeks off before starting into the final term.

Can't wait until our container arrives next month (hopefully!) so we can really get settled
    Last edited by RejjieM; 28th August 2012 at 11:15 PM.

welcome!

Glad to hear all is going well!

Marvellous!

But have you been to Spotlight yet?

Well Done! We are just a week behind you. Keep the posts coming.

All the best for this next busy time.

Well done and just in time for Spring!

Going tomorrow evening Caroline :-) Late opening - need my man there to occupy the boys while I browse properly

Quote Originally Posted by kiwihusker View Post
    Well Done! We are just a week behind you. Keep the posts coming.
    I have pm'd you :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast