Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I need good advice

Quote Originally Posted by dharder View Post
    If you really can't see the irony in what you are saying above, namely that you have problems with people not contributing to a society that you so far have nothing but taken from (school, university, healthcare) and are now leaving in order to avoid having to contribute to, there isn't much left to be said.

Daniela
    Well put Daniela.

May I suggest we let this lame thread die the death it deserves? The OP isn't interested in doing what's required to migrate to NZ and earn a better wage.

There's no shortage of spaces online where one can whinge about "the foreigners".

Quote Originally Posted by dharder View Post
    If you really can't see the irony in what you are saying above, namely that you have problems with people not contributing to a society that you so far have nothing but taken from (school, university, healthcare) and are now leaving in order to avoid having to contribute to, there isn't much left to be said.

Daniela
    wow

I was born in Belgium and because I have "taken advantage" of the Belgian social security, which is paid for by my own hard working parents and family members, I do not have the right to leave.
    I've been paying my own education for years and now I'm the one taking advantage because the system works like this.

You are rather quick with your assumptions.
    Basically you are saying that I should let our government and their unacceptable decisions run me over for the rest of my life.
    Ten years from now there will barely be any work, and the ones who do have jobs can pay for the ones who don't.

Belgium is the tax leader of Europe. Angela Merkel has advised any country in Europe to cut down expenses.
    What the Belgian government has done instead to make up for it, is tax their citizens even more. Half of the money I make is taken from me.

I doubt there's any country in this world who tax their citizens more than Belgium.
    And because I was born there and " I have nothing but taken from them " I do not have the right to leave and start a new future elsewhere.

Nice philosophy there. There's nothing left to be said indeed

I am afraid that what you are experiencing is part of the reality of deciding to move to / working in another country. I have obtained a degree in England and have spent 10 years working in my chosen profession. However, this does not mean that I have any right to automatically obtain work in that profession in NZ. Nor should it. NZ has certain criteria it expects me to meet and if I make the decision to move to NZ why should I not be expected to meet those criteria?! I am facing a number of exams and it is not going to be cheap, but ultimately that is what I need to do if I want to live and work in NZ. I hope it will be short term pain for long term gain - certainly in terms of life experience.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345