Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
This reply strikes me as being extremely curt, when I have just made suggestions which could actually help you to do what you have said you would like to do. It is based in firm fact.

In my time, I have had lucrative career strings from knowledge and qualifications acquired originally in following up personal interests outside my (extensive) formal education. There are many people on this forum who have come to NZ on a WHV and got better than minimum-wage pay using skills learnt on Saturday or holiday jobs. You asked for suggestions for doing something other than the obvious basic beginning of career path, or ticking over on minimum pay while seeing other parts of the world. Don't turn your nose up when people take the trouble to answer you out of experience.
I'm not disrespecting your advice, on the contrary. It just frustrates me that it is so hard to find proper work.
And what are examples of those skills you mean? In Australia they are hair dressing, fixing cars, being an electrician, a plummer.. I don't call them skills but professions.
I studied physiotherapy in Belgium to make good money later on and have certainty in life. Keep my options open. Now it turns out there are not nearly as many options as I thought.