Thread: Can I have my case reassigned to another branch?

Default Can I have my case reassigned to another branch?

Hi All,
    I had received SFV and reached NZ about a month ago. I am yet to get a job offer. But before I left my home country (India), I'm guessing I made the mistake of submitting my EOI for SMC (145 points without job offer). My EOI got selected and I have now received ITA from the Beijing branch, while I'm in NZ (no job offer yet). Now, can I request my case be reassigned to the Auckland Branch? Because, a. I read in a different thread about Beijing Branch's low approval rate and b. Fee is roughly $500 USD lesser if I submit to Auckland.

Thanks in advance your response.

Cheers.

Did you update NZIS about the change? I think the usual process is, once you update your CO (or NZIS) about your location then its totally up to their discretion to process your application at any of their branches - there's no hard & fast rule though !

Thank you for your reply.

I have not informed my CO/NZIS yet. Just to check if I understood you correctly, I have to e-mail my CO about my change in contact details and ask him if I can submit my documents at the Auckland Branch. And then it would be at his discretion to either permit me to apply in Auckland or decline. Am I right in saying that?

Agree with suggestion as per sun77.
    It is also mandatory to inform change in address or job to INZ while your visa application is in process, so it better to inform them sooner and provide details of your SFV (i.e application number and visa number)

Good luck and any questions please feel free to PM.

Thank you for your response. I am under the impression that such changes should be informed using the "Amendments or New Information" page when submitting my documents (within the 4 month window). Would that be alright or would you recommend updating them sooner?

I would really prefer to wait as I am hoping to get a job offer by the time I submit my documents. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by awinash View Post
    I have not informed my CO/NZIS yet. Just to check if I understood you correctly, I have to e-mail my CO about my change in contact details and ask him if I can submit my documents at the Auckland Branch. And then it would be at his discretion to either permit me to apply in Auckland or decline. Am I right in saying that?
    Almost correct, just update your CO about contact details. Then it depends on your CO if he/she transfers your application to Auckland (or any other branch close to your geographical location).

Our application was transferred to London branch when I moved to UK and all I had to do is update INZ (NZIS) about change of location, it took about a month for INZ to transfer all my documentation to their London branch. I hope that helps.

Excellent! I think that's exactly what I'll do then. Thanks a ton!