Thread: Need advice for starting own business

Question Need advice for starting own business

Dear sir,

I want to know is anybody legally can do his own computer repair work from home on working visa(partnership ground).if yes then please give details like needs registration or not and other requirments which needs to follow and any inverstment criteria etc.thanks

Please help anybody,I shall be very thankful to you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gsbrar View Post
    Dear sir,

I want to know is anybody legally can do his own computer repair work from home on working visa(partnership ground).if yes then please give details like needs registration or not and other requirments which needs to follow and any inverstment criteria etc.thanks
    Hello

If you're coming in with a work visa/permit already, then you should be able to set up as a Sole Trader (check the IRD website) and not have to register a company straightaway. Seriously, best place to ask is the IRD regarding setting up in business for yourself. Don't know about if there are any regulations about computer repair work, but (my opinion only, not legal advice!) I would doubt it.

Hope that helps a bit, and please don't worry if no-one responds as quickly as you would like a reply. Many people won't have seen your question, and those who have may not know the answer - just like me!

I'm not sure about this, from the point of view of INZ. Usually, a work visa allows someone to be employed, and it's people holding Residence who can start a business without other formalities. Maybe you should check with INZ so as to be sure you don't need to apply for a business visa.

thank you so much i will collect information as you suggested.Thanks again.