Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London waiting time for CO

Default London waiting time for CO

Dears,

I've noted following quote from London branch website:

Once you submit your application to the London branch your application will be allocated to an immigration officer. The time that an application takes to be allocated varies depending on the capacity of the Skilled Migrant Team. From time-to-time we run a queue system to manage the inflow of applications. The time that an application may be in the queue varies between two weeks and two months.
    Does it mean that waiting in the queue for CO allocation has been reduced to 2 week to 2 months? Because I think it was 1 month to 3 months. Right?

We lodged with London Branch in May and were told it would take 4 months to allocate CO to our application (without job offer). Applications are placed in a managed queue and times quoted on INZ web site are approximate, you will receive a more accurate timeframe for CO allocation in your acknowledgement letter.
    INZ then state "Once the application is allocated we expect to decide your application within one to three months.", so that means that after allocation you may have to wait up to a further 3 months and that is provided there is nothing complicated in your application or medical issues. Best guess I can give you is that you would be gauging approximately 6-9 months from lodgment without job offer (can take less or more!)

There are two "queues", generally speaking, in the London branch: 1.) queue to be assigned a CO, and 2.) queue for your CO to process your SMC application.

If you have a job offer you are put towards the front of each, since there's a NZ employer waiting for you.

My application was assigned a CO at the ITA stage (Maxine Little) and never changed. When I got my ITA I was told processing usually took 1-3 months. Mine took almost exactly 1.5 months and I had to send in some additional info AND had my medical referred.

But folks in the queue who don't have job offers have to wait much longer.

Yep echoing whats previously been said current wait time for CO allocation is 4 months from lodgement date (ita without job offer). We submitted ours 26th July and got our letter mid aug saying 4 month wait. I also spoke to others who submitted just after us who were told the same.

Dear All

I submitted my ITA on 11-May-2012 and I also got same letter which state that it will take around 4 month to allocate case officer. Its almost 5 months (8 days left), but still no case officer assigned yet so it depends on work load. I also received an email which states that

"Your application is currently being managed by our Skilled Migrant Manager and is awaiting allocation to an Immigration Officer.

Our previous advice was that we hoped to allocate your file to an Immigration Officer within four months. Due to our current caseload this timeframe has now been extended to within five months."

Regards,
    Irfan.

Quote Originally Posted by irfan_aly View Post
    Dear All

I submitted my ITA on 11-May-2012 and I also got same letter which state that it will take around 4 month to allocate case officer. Its almost 5 months (8 days left), but still no case officer assigned yet so it depends on work load. Irfan.
    It'll be 4 months on the 11 Sept, so if they said 5 months, it'll be 11 Oct. before CO assigned!

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieQ View Post
    It'll be 4 months on the 11 Sept, so if they said 5 months, it'll be 11 Oct. before CO assigned!
    Correction, my ITA submission date is 11-April-2012.

folks with the london brnach share their time line here

EOI selected 13-06-12
    ITA RECEIVED: 19-06-12
    IQA received: 11-07-12
    Medicals: 23-07-12
    ITA submitted: 26-09-12 (with Job Offer)
    CO Assigned: 24-10-12

We submitted our ITA on Friday. Looks like we might have a bit of a wait on our hands!

In the email I received from INZ Lodon Branch, they mentioned that it will take 3 to 4 months to allocate the CO to my application and later on they will finalize my application in 2 to 3 months however as per the timelines of others on this forum, it doesn't seem to be possible. I think they are sending a generic letter to everyone without modifying any timelines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast