Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updating my resume with my blue visa?

Default Updating my resume with my blue visa?

Hi guys,

As you can see from my siggy below i've gotten back my passport with blue sticker! Yahooooo....ok back to the question i wanted to ask. You see i am from Malaysia and since i have a blue visa, it's time to update my resume so i can apply for a job in NZ offshore. The problem is, how do i update my resume the best way to tell the head hunter in NZ or the employer that i have a valid working permit in NZ? Do i just put a line that says: "I have NZ residency visa"?

Or should i say "Status to work and live in NZ: Residency visa"?

I am not sure the best way to state my current NZ residency status. I am afraid if i just put a line only, they might miss that line and thinking i am applying with out a permit. You know how they read resume for like 30sec to 2 mins only. Should i say in the beginning of the resume or towards the ending?

What is the best way you guys think? Please do share with me your experience to send in resume via offshore.

My CV is 8 pages long and the first two lines of my CV are as follows:

Name: (my name)
    Citizenship: UK / US, Permanent Resident of NZ

In your case, you would just put "Resident" until your two years are up and you apply to have those conditions removed.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I have my residency just the same way Adams Girl does, right at the top under my name. When you move here and get a NZ address that will also be very nice to have at the top.

Good luck!

And a third...

I have the residency at the top together with my citizenships.

Daniela

Mine has been slightly different Top right corner has all my contact details, current designation (and matching key words) and after experience section have below info:

WORK ELIGIBILITY
    New Zealand: Permanent Resident
    Country 1: Permanent Resident
    Country 2: Citizenship

On retrospect I think its good idea to have visa information at the beginning if you are applying from offshore.

Mine has my name, address and contact details, then a line that says Visa Status: residence visa issued 15 May 2012.

I would say phrase it how best fits in with the tone and layout of the CV.

Thanks for giving me some ideas! Guess i'll just put a simple one liner just below my nationality status.

Surely, your cover letter to probably the best place to mention your immigration status. Plus a little on when you plan to make the move to NZ.

Default Residency

Quote Originally Posted by Adams Girl View Post
    My CV is 8 pages long and the first two lines of my CV are as follows:

Name: (my name)
    Citizenship: UK / US, Permanent Resident of NZ

In your case, you would just put "Resident" until your two years are up and you apply to have those conditions removed.

Hope that helps.
    Hi, JandM, Karen and everyone,
    I understand from the INZ point of view that you apply for PR after two years of residence visa which has to do with removal of your travelling condition. However, for job/CV, and generally the resident visa says indefinite( as visa expiry) which kind of make it permanent as long as you remain in NZ. Could you clarify pls.

In addition, when filling job application forms (Eligibility for work). The options are 1. New Zealand Citizen. 2. Permanent Resident 3. Work visa holder. No option like Resident visa holder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast