Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: relationship period requirement-ITA received

Default relationship period requirement-ITA received

Hello All,

This is my first post in this forum. I have received ITA for my EOI.
    However, we just realised that the requirement for joint application(the EOI was filed with both me and my wife including, few points were claimed from her), needs to show a minimum of 12 months of marriage or relationship.
    We have been married for about 4 months now. In this scenario i have few questions to clear myself of :-

1. Can we proceed with submitting the EOI , as our 12 months together will only be completing in May'2013 , since i have claimed points for my wife's education,siblings in the EOI?

2. If we are unable to proceed submitting the application documents, can i use the same EOI to reduce my wife's point claims and submit the ITA documents myself?

Appreciate all inputs to this.

Thanks!

Firstly congrats on your marriage!

You don't need to be married minimum 12 months. You need to be in a relationship for min of 12 months.
    So assuming you know your wife before your marriage, you can submit other proof of relationship for eg bank letters to each of you to the same address / letters to each other / photographs. Search this forum and there's plenty of examples of documents/means to proof your relationship.

HTHs!

Welcome to the forum.

Can't really answer your questions, but was wondering how long you have been a couple before your wedding? To show a relationship, you don't have to be married, so any time you have lived together before the actual wedding would count as well.

Good luck,
    Daniela

Thanks for the reply. Our relation doesn't span that long to fulfill one year and we dont have any proof's of living together , as we were continents apart.
    Considering that we are unable to fulfill the 12 months period, what options do i have now. I claimed 155 points including my wife's.

Thanks Again.

In that case what does matter that how many points you claimed for your wife. If they are 20 i.e. maximum then they will again put you back in the EOI. If they were 10 or 15 then you can forget about claiming your wife's points.

However still in order for her to get a resident visa with you, you still need to show your relationship with her. I think you can convince the CO that you are married and for the purpose you can show your marriage photographs along with your family and open a joint bank account and other stuff which might be of some use.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by afmamoon View Post
    However still in order for her to get a resident visa with you, you still need to show your relationship with her. I think you can convince the CO that you are married and for the purpose you can show your marriage photographs along with your family and open a joint bank account and other stuff which might be of some use.
    But do you not have to show a relationship of 12 months in any case if you want someone to be included as a partner? Regardless of whether you want to claim points for him/her or not?

Daniela

Thanks. I have claimed 30 points from my Wife for the EOI.
    I do have the proof of our marriage, our photo's that we took on our trips, our join bank account holdings, our travel itenaries together for the last 5 months.

Will these be sufficient?
    Should i be submitting another EOI myself or just go ahead with this ITA?
    The 12 months period required, is it from the time you lodge an EOI or the time they check the document after submission. In Our case, we are planning to submit the ITA documents in early December.
    Our 12 months of marriage will only complete around May'2013.

Appreciate all inputs!

Quote Originally Posted by dharder View Post
    But do you not have to show a relationship of 12 months in any case if you want someone to be included as a partner? Regardless of whether you want to claim points for him/her or not?

Daniela
    I think you are right in a way but what if someone is not married for 1 whole year like in this case, then what he can do to prove his relationship. Is there anything like an ongoing strong relationship? Anyhow, there could have been another possibility that he may apply for the residence visa on his own, and later on once he get the visa, which of course will take a year, then he can again apply for his wife's visa ?

Quote Originally Posted by rv1103 View Post
    I do have the proof of our marriage, our photo's that we took on our trips, our join bank account holdings, our travel itenaries together for the last 5 months.

Will these be sufficient?
    Should i be submitting another EOI myself or just go ahead with this ITA?
    The 12 months period required, is it from the time you lodge an EOI or the time they check the document after submission. In Our case, we are planning to submit the ITA documents in early December.
    Our 12 months of marriage will only complete around May'2013.

Appreciate all inputs!
    My worry is if i am to submit the EOI all alone, i'll be down to 125 points which might or might not get selected from the pool.
    If we are go ahead with the ITA submission, at the time a CO is assigned , can i provide them evidence of our marriage from the past few months and ask them to wait for the decission till we reach the 12 month mark?

Please advise!

Quote Originally Posted by rv1103 View Post
    Isn't the maximum you can claim for a partner 20 points?

Regardless, you need to prove 12 months stable relationship (living together), the marriage is part of that proof, but only one piece of evidence required.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast