Thread: Partner has same bachelor degree from same school and graduated at the same time!

Default Partner has same bachelor degree from same school and graduated at the same time!

Hi folks - my wife and i have the same tertiary educational background. I am about to submit my IQA application but unsure if i also need to do the same for my wife or if PAR will cover it.

Thanks!!

Hi- If you will claim bonus points for partner's reconized qualification, then you will need an assessment for your partner as well.
    PAR is just preliminary assessment and later NZQA will require you for an IQA assessment. You may go directly to IQA for your partner's qualification.

Is your university included in the list of exempt from assessment? Alsounder what degree do you and your partner hold?

If you will claim bonus points for partner's reconized qualification, then you will need an assessment for your partner as well.
    PAR is just preliminary assessment and later NZQA will require you for an IQA assessment. You may go directly to IQA for your partner's qualification.
    - the thing is that we exactly have the same degree, same batch, same everything. I just feel like its a redundant process to have both our qualifications assessed when one assessment would 'technically' be sufficient to say that my wife's qualification would have the same level as mine.

Is your university included in the list of exempt from assessment? Alsounder what degree do you and your partner hold?
    - nope, it used to be we both have a bachelors degree major in computer applications.

A bit of a frustration though specially on the cost (for two individual assessments), and yes you will still need to have your partner's IQA assessment. you will need to be assessed as individuals for your qualifications when you apply.

Even if you do a PAR for your partner, once you are in ITA, INZ will still require you to have IQA for your partner.

Hi Gino,

Yes, Trevore is right. If you are claiming a bonus point for your partner's qualification you need to have her qualification to be assessed by NZQA eventhough your both qualifications are the same.

Regards,

thanks for your inputs guys. I guess we will just have to take that route of getting IQAs for our qualifications.