Thread: Interview after submitting the application 2 weeks, what stage am I in?

Default Interview after submitting the application 2 weeks, what stage am I in?

Hi there,
    After I had submitted the application ( PR, Partnership), I received a letter about interview. I have few questions about that:
    1: what stage am I in now? is the officer on the letter my case officer? I think its too quick.
    2: they let me bring my passport to the interview, why they need it? because I submitted my passport with the application before but they mailed me back it.

thank you very much!
    Last edited by fix; 6th September 2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: make it more clear

Hello and welcome.

You don't say how long ago you put in your application for Residence under the Family Stream. Those applications are given priority, so they usually go much more quickly than other visa applications. Also, since the only thing to be checked besides health and character is the proof of partnership, there's less work involved for the officials. It's quite likely that the person who wrote to you is your CO, if s/he says s/he will be interviewing you.

The interview for a partner isn't the same as for a worker - they will be checking that you are in a genuine relationship with your partner, so they will ask about how you came to know one another, what you interests you have in common, details of your daily life at home, maybe things like what you know about your partner's family, childhood, likes and dislikes, etc.. They need to be sure this application is not a set-up just to get you a visa.

They probably want you to bring your passport as a proof of identity, to be sure they are interviewing the right person. (The people that set up fake situations to get visas could send to the interview some other woman, for instance, a NZ Residence-holder's sister, who would know all about him and who could have practised up a false story with him, to PRETEND to be the woman who is paying them.)

hello JandM, Thank you very much for your help and time. Your information are very informative and helpful to me.