Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: we are here from UK

Default we are here from UK

So we arrived earlier this week and finding our feet in Auckland! Hoping to do a bit of casual work then go out of Auckland and see the sights!

Cant deny its slightly daunting as the money is running thin so will need a job soon so we can afford more of an adventure! Anyone in a similar boat?!

Glad you're there, all in one piece. How was the trip?

Welcome to Auckland!! We felt the same thing regarding money when we first arrived here, it took about 3 months to settle to the fact that we were actually here and after few rounds of salary started coming into bank account.

Welcome! Yep, we lived in a financial panic for 3 months too (made worse by the fact that the renters in our house in the states decided to stop paying their rent the moment we left the country). Took a while to get jobs and finances sorted, but glad we stuck with it. All I can say is ONLY buy it if it's on sale. Also buy used stuff off trade me or at op shops. And also the weather will improve greatly over the next few months.

Come back here often for support, we know it's not an easy thing to move countries.

We are in the same boat too. We just arrived a week ago. It is quite daunting to be here and trying to get settled in - that is for sure. And I didn't know just how stressed I was until we finally found a place and now have a school set up for our kids to start at in the next two weeks. We decided to sneak away up North to visit my husband's family and I have to be honest, the waterworks came this morning lying in bed with the hubs. I just sort of released it all. It has been a long 6 weeks in getting here. I have to just keep telling myself, everything is going to work out!!! Hang in there and don't hesitate to drop me a line if you want to connect.

Our family was in a similar situation. I hope the jobs come soon for you.

We are in a similar situation too. My husband, myself and our 2 year old son arrived 3 weeks ago. Such an emotional roller coaster in so many ways! Its only been in the last week I have felt the beginings of a sense of settling! My husband starts in his new job tomorrow and I know we will be very glad when the pay cheques start to come in!
    Good luck with the job hunting, I hope something comes up soon.
    Maybe in a couple of weeks when the dust settles we could could organise a meet up for the newbies?

Hello and welcome.

Where are you, Loobylou?

Hi!
    We are in the St Heliers area and its just beautiful! Will be even better when the Spring weather finally decides to show up

Welcome to Auckland we arrived here in May, living in east Auckland. Have to say its been good during winter, roll on Spring & Summer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast