Thread: Any experience when CO didn't meet the processing times he/she promised?

Default Any experience when CO didn't meet the processing times he/she promised?

As the title says, anyone here who experienced when CO didn't meet the times he/she promised? My CO in Henderson branch told me that it will take up to 3 weeks to endorse my resident visa for stamping.. it's actually just 2 days away on the 3rd week and I'm really getting anxious about it. I sent him 2 emails asking for any updates but did not get any response, the reason is that I'm also in a tight schedule to apply for my partner's visa and will need my passport back to do that. I'm just wondering if anyone here who has the same or similar experience before so I can have some assurance (which I failed to get from my CO).

When (hopefully not) he fails to deliver within the time promised, is it's ok to email his direct supervisor (or at least include him/her in the email) to get some updates about my case? It would be prudent for my CO to at least send me a not after sending him 2 emails right? I'm sorry the anxiety is just getting to me and letting this out here in the forums definitely helps!

Thanks heaps!

When did they charge your cc for the levy? 3wks ago?

Exactly two weeks ago from today... I don't know what's taking them so long! It's just a sticker!

Oh I see. Mine got charged last wk.
    I was also told 2-3wks. Henderson Branch.
    Let us know how it goes. Hope everything works out for you within your time frame.

Good news! The passport did arrive this morning! Exactly three weeks from the day they received my requirements. Needless to say, I am very happy to finally see the blue sticker ACTUALLY in my passport .

However, I can't help but wonder if they could have finished it sooner, because I honestly doubt it took the whole 3 weeks to process. I mean, it's one thing to say that processing can take up to three weeks and I know that already includes some buffer in case they do need that extra time to process it, I just feel that it's such a coincidence that someone who really needs it sooner incidentally took the whole 3 weeks. Anyway, enough of my rant.. it's time to relax

It might have to do with the fact that you were not the only 'client' the CO has had to work with/ for.....