Thread: Points for qualification in an identified growth area?

Default Points for qualification in an identified growth area?

Hi,

I am an ICT professional with it listed under the identified growth area.
    However, para F.14 in the form says:-
    Are you claiming points for a qualification in one of the identified future growth areas?

Note says: Please do not select yes unless you are claiming points for current skilled employment or
    an offer of skilled employment in NZ , and in an identified future growth area

I neither have a offer of skilled employment in NZ nor am working in NZ currently. Does it mean i wont be able to use this point?

Thanks.

That is correct. You have to have a job, or job offer, in NZ, in order to claim those bonus points.

Quote Originally Posted by rv1103 View Post
    Hi,

I am an ICT professional with it listed under the identified growth area.
    However, para F.14 in the form says:-
    Are you claiming points for a qualification in one of the identified future growth areas?

Note says: Please do not select yes unless you are claiming points for current skilled employment or
    an offer of skilled employment in NZ , and in an identified future growth area

I neither have a offer of skilled employment in NZ nor am working in NZ currently. Does it mean i wont be able to use this point?

Thanks.
    Yes JandM is correct, you should only avail these points if you are working in NZ. As far as I remember, there is another section, which talks about claiming points even if you are not working in NZ but have Qualification and Exp. listed on the Shortage skill list or have exp. working in Comparable job market, you will get this information in the Operation Manual on the immigration website.