Thread: Startup wants to look at immigrant talent

Lightbulb Startup wants to look at immigrant talent

I am a board advisor for struggling businesses, I have been asked if immigrants who are already in NZ can be looked at. The question appears to be that immigrants who have good (technical) skills but may have accent or CV writing difficulties might be something to look at.

Apparently the regular SEEK etc route is yielding average (technical) talent although good English skills etc.

The skill needed is PHP web, if that helps.

Looking for any constructive opinions on how to think about this and if there is an easy route to reach this type of group. Volunteer NZ, Settlement Support seem to be for not-for-profit and SEEK / agencies cost money

I would suggest trying to look into and posting as "Job available" in Groups on Linkedin -IT NZ, IT Industry NZ, NZ migrants ....

Have you tried with Omega? They might have people looking for roles - if not exact at least you will have genuine candidates who probably have the capability to up-skill from ASP,.net, Java or other web technologies to PHP - just a suggestion if that helps.

Kewl