Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Certified Copies

Default Certified Copies

When getting documents certified, do you certify all pages or just the front page - esp for those employment agreement?

We already spend a bomb for the first round of certification when submitting ITA. As we got a package deal, we certified all pages.

Now that OH have a job offer, CO wants certified copies of signed employment contract, job descriptions and job offer letter.

Wondering if we can cut corners and send the employment contract (16 pages) but only with the front page certified? As well as the job description (2 pages) and job offer (2 pages) will have its front page certified as well.

Will this be accepted by CO?

From my experience you will need to certify all pages.

Quote Originally Posted by itsellesi View Post
    When getting documents certified, do you certify all pages or just the front page - esp for those employment agreement?

We already spend a bomb for the first round of certification when submitting ITA. As we got a package deal, we certified all pages.

Now that OH have a job offer, CO wants certified copies of signed employment contract, job descriptions and job offer letter.

Wondering if we can cut corners and send the employment contract (16 pages) but only with the front page certified? As well as the job description (2 pages) and job offer (2 pages) will have its front page certified as well.

Will this be accepted by CO?
    You need to get all the pages certified, my advice is not to cut corners with any process while immigrating.
    If you have issues with the amount spent, why not send the documents in original, you can request your documents back once the case officer verify them. This will not burn a hole in your pocket.

Hi itsellesi,
    You should certify all pages.
    My experience is that if we certify a set, subsequent pages are charged cheaper.
    I did mine in Singapore - something like $5 for 1st page and $2 for the rest.

You should just ask your CO and make sure.

One think I've done in the past (not for INZ I hasten to add), is to stick a white label/sticker thing over the staple holding the pages togther and get the person certifying to sign across the page/sticker on the front and back pages as well as doing the certification on the first page. I don't know whether that would work as a compromise or not in this situation though.

Guess you are all correct, I shoudn't cut corner. But it seems like we have been paying and paying for one thing after another. Medical, courier, certification, police checks, more medicals.. the list goes on.

Money keeps draining off!!

Don't have much relocation package, hence trying to save $ for relocation expenses. But I guess this is something I can't save on.

Quote Originally Posted by pollock View Post
    Hi itsellesi,
    You should certify all pages.
    My experience is that if we certify a set, subsequent pages are charged cheaper.
    I did mine in Singapore - something like $5 for 1st page and $2 for the rest.
    Hi Pollock,
    That is really cheap! Do you mind sending me a pm which law firm is that? I don't mind certifying all pages in this case.
    Last edited by itsellesi; 12th September 2012 at 04:39 AM.

I've heard of many forum members who caused themselves delay at this point by NOT sending all the detail and small print - the CO couldn't proceed without EVERYTHING.

Guess you are all correct, I shoudn't cut corner. But it seems like we have been paying and paying for one thing after another. Medical, courier, certification, police checks, more medicals.. the list goes on.

Money keeps draining off!!

Don't have much relocation package, hence trying to save $ for relocation expenses. But I guess this is something I can't save on.

Hi Pollock,
    That is really cheap! Do you mind sending me a pm which law firm is that? I don't mind certifying all pages in this case.

Hi itsellesi, pm to you already.

Hi Pollock,

Thanks for the info. I tried calling him the whole day yesterday but I guess he must be in court (or welcoming the Royals??)
    As my CO wants that info by next week and I'm going outstation tomorrow, I went to another bloodsucke... i mean lawyer and he charges $10 each for first 3 pages, followed by $2. That's like $44 for 10 pages which is about 1 minute job, max 2 minutes. I was so reluctant handing him the money. But he showed some heart (or maybe he saw how reluctant I was) and said $40 will do. Not forgetting parking charges and ERP (in and out) arghh. And then the courier fees. I really hope this is the last bit of info required by CO/MA.

Anyway, thanks once again!

....he charges $10 each for first 3 pages, followed by $2. That's like $44 for 10 pages which is about 1 minute job, max 2 minutes. I was so reluctant handing him the money. But he showed some heart (or maybe he saw how reluctant I was) and said $40 will do. Not forgetting parking charges and ERP (in and out) arghh. And then the courier fees. I really hope this is the last bit of info required by CO/MA.
    Hi itsellesi,

It's good money certifying documents, isn't it?
    You mentioned ERP, so I guess you are located in Singapore? Anyway, I wish you the best in your journey to NZ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast