Thread: Common job interview questions for an IT developer

Question Common job interview questions for an IT developer

Hi everyone! I am scheduled for a panel interview via skype on Monday and I would like to ask all the NZ job seekers out there the common job interview questions and how you answered it. I have been in my current job for 6 years now and never been to an interview for a long time. Thanks for your help.

You can expect general questions around methodologies, design, your previous project experiences and technical questions around your area of expertise. Do you want to be specific about technologies that you have worked? It would be good if you can explain each interview question with one of your experience e.g. if there was any performance improvement that you did which saved time & money for your project, challenging development tasks & how you overcame the issues, behavioral/personality issues with project team & how you were able to resolve them etc. As your prospective employer seems to be interested in your CV there must be something unique in your experience/technical capabilities, try to identify it during conversation and elaborate on it. Hope that helps.

thank you Sun777. I appreciate it a lot