Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which visa is available for my family member? (SMC Job Search Visa case)

Post Which visa is available for my family member? (SMC Job Search Visa case)

I'm applying for SMC Job Search Visa.

I understood that I can apply the SMC Job Search Visa with my family members with this statement "Any of your accompanying family members may also apply for temporary entry visas using this form." in the SMC Job Search Visa Application Form.

But my CO said there's no special visa for my family member and then I only need to send my passport.
    Is it right?
    Then if I go to NZ with my family, should my family member enter NZ with Visitor Visa?
    Last edited by neocool77; 12th September 2012 at 03:53 PM.

Hi,
    I'm in the same problem, the CO only give me JSV but in the guide for Visitor visa, it's said that the dependants of JSV will not be given Visitor visa, so my wife can not go together with me, Any one know the solution for that?

Brian

?? Is that really the case that OH won't be issued a visa to go together in case of JSV?

This is a shocking news to me. If that is the case what is the meaning of including family members in the form and paying extra fee for them as well?

neocool and Brian,

Did you guys have your OH included in the form when you applied for the SMC visa?

My OH and chlidren was included in my application for Resident Visa. And I will send my application for the SMC Job search visa soon (this week).
    I'm still wondering how my family can go to NZ together.
    Actually I planned to go to NZ with my familly using visitor visa because of my CO's response. But Brian's commnet was shocking to me!!

To make it further clear, If I understand correctly you are saying you applied for resident visa and you got approval for JSV instead of resident visa, and now you are in the process of sending your passport for the stickers but only yours because your CO told you that your OH could not get any visa to go to NZ because of JSV. Am I right?
    Or your CO said your OH would get visitor's visa to go with you?

I do not see any point of not letting your OH go with you even with JSV otherwise what the whole point of submitting all the materials of your OH's is. I just does not seem to making sense to me. Approve both or decline both.

My CO just said the job search visa is only for me and my family can join me in NZ after approval of my application for resident. But she didn't state any kind of visa for my family.
    And therefore I thought my OH and children need to get the visitors visa in order to go with me.
    It's not clear now so I asked my CO whether my family go to NZ with the visitor visa.
    Is there anyone who was in the same condition with me?

If you apply for Residence under the Skilled Migrant programme, then, after interview, you are offered the Job Search Visa (deferred Residence)...

What has happened is that INZ says you have got nine months to prove you can make a contribution to NZ by getting a skilled job. When you do that, you WILL GET your Residence, and so will all your family members included on the original application.

But the only person who gets a visa to go and look for a job is YOU, the principal applicant. It is you who has to get a skilled job offer, not anyone else in the family. You are expected to go on ahead and fix yourself up with a job, then when you have done that, the family can join you.

If the worst happens, and you don't get a skilled job offer, you would have to leave NZ at the end of the nine months. There would be a worse upheaval if you had uprooted your whole family from your original homeland, and then you had to take them all back again - it would be a terrible waste of money, for one thing, as nobody but the main applicant is allowed to work on a Job Search Visa.

As the various COs mentioned have been telling people, the only way a partner and family can go along while the main applicant is job hunting is on visitors' visas, but this is not an automatic entitlement, and they can't work during this time.

I see. Never thought of such case before...this is worrying me like hell. There must be some other ways to sort it out such as visitor visa or dependent visa...

Please update us once you get response from your CO.

Klt,
    In the interview, the CO mentioned that JSV issued only for the main applicant, and she think that the wife/husband may apply for visitor visa. But in the visitor visa guidance there are clause mentioned that there will be no visitor visa issued for dependants of the JSV under SMC, Silverfern visa ...
    So if your spouse want to accompany you, she may apply for study visa independantly.
    That is what I understand from NZ immigration website.
    Brian

Yes, that's right. It treats the spouse (and any children) as an independent application, so, like any tourist visitors, they would have to satisfy INZ of their reasons for visiting NZ, their means of supporting themselves, and their intended date of departure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast