Thread: Masters Degree done in Distance Learning is acceptable for points by Immigration?

Default Masters Degree done in Distance Learning is acceptable for points by Immigration?

Can you advise if the Masters Degree done through Distance Education (MCA) is acceptable by NZ at Level 9?.. Degree is exempted from assessment as per the Operational Manual and in both EOI and for Work Visa.. CO granted points as Level 9.

Will it be challenge when... ITA verifications for the qualification is carried. Your comments will give me a lot of relief.....

The INZ COs don't look at the educational content of any qualification - it's either on the exempt list, or the applicant will have submitted an NZQA assessment. And you say yours was exempt, so that is all done and past. What the CO will check about your degree is that the institution do actually have a record of you as a student for the period of time that you say you were.

Thanks alot JandM... Trust me i'm feeling so relieved now... MCA is in the exempt list since 2000 and my hubby passed out in 2002. We were granted the applicable points on the EOI as well. Still wanted to double check...

It's the normal nerves, isn't it? Hang in there...

(I remember being told at the end of an interview for a course of study, 'Thank you. I'm very pleased with that. I'll be putting your name on the list for the department,' and I still didn't really believe I was accepted until I got the letter in my hand a month later. )

Yes Absolutely... I must accept the fact that this forum, the people here.. and their variety of experiences... really burst the stress... and always sprinkles some positive vibes.. in our minds......

I got my master's assessed at Level 9 (it was through distance education).

Mine was also assessed at Level 9 and was done through distance also.

Thanks Sun777 & Coley4ja.....

Guys i am in need for your experience as NZQA certified your distance learning master degrees.

i have a Distance Learning master degree (2014) from Salford university which their internal degrees from 1979 to 1990 are on the exempt list. when i apply for "IQA" i got only two choices to choose from " Full time" or "Part time" - Distance Learning is not a choice- what did you do ?

Thanks in Advance

Quote Originally Posted by coley4ja View Post
    Mine was also assessed at Level 9 and was done through distance also.