Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: second person check by one of the senior officers ( residence)

Default second person check by one of the senior officers ( residence)

Hey there,

I have just received an email from my case officer saying that he has now completed his assessment of my application, which has now been forwarded for a second person check by one of the senior officers and that he expects to receive my file back from the second person check within the next 4 weeks.

Would someone be able to explain to me what does that exactly mean? Does it mean that after this 2nd check and if everything is ok I should get my approval?

thanks and regards

Quote Originally Posted by marioforni View Post
    Hey there,

I have just received an email from my case officer saying that he has now completed his assessment of my application, which has now been forwarded for a second person check by one of the senior officers and that he expects to receive my file back from the second person check within the next 4 weeks.

Would someone be able to explain to me what does that exactly mean? Does it mean that after this 2nd check and if everything is ok I should get my approval?

thanks and regards
    Great!... I guess verification by second person is just like a quality check of your CO's assessment done on your file. This is quite normal that all of our cases go through as part of the SMC processing. Don't Wry... Now your waiting time doesn't go unlimited as ours .. rather you can count down from now on up to 4 weeks until you get the approval.

All the best. Do share the good news soon.......

You're near the end now. For every case, when the CO has finished working it, it is always looked over by an official of senior or equal rank, 1) to check for mistakes, and 2) to guard against any possibility of corruption, before the applicant is told the decision.

thank you for the quick reply... just hoping to hear the good news as soon as possible and let everyone knows about it...... it has been a very quick process so far!!! regards!!!

received an e-mail from case officer mentioning that the time frame for second person check can take up to 4 weeks. Looking very forward to get the good news.

regards

Hi there,
    I have also received similar message (as below) from the case officer about my PR application (@ Wellington branch).
    I have completed my assessment of your application, which has now been forwarded for a second person check by one of our senior officers. The second person check process can take up to 4 or 5 weeks, relative to demand. When I receive your application back from the second person check I will contact you with an update.

Could any one please let me know that if this is a normal process or is there any thing missing in the application and wanted INZ wanted to make sure with the double check?

thanks in anticipation

As I said in post #3 above...
    You're near the end now. For every case, when the CO has finished working it, it is always looked over by an official of senior or equal rank, 1) to check for mistakes, and 2) to guard against any possibility of corruption, before the applicant is told the decision.

Thanks for the quick reply JandM. hoping to hear good news in a month or so, will update how it goes.

Hi All / JandM,

I had my interview with Shanghai Branch on 6th November. I was told - "The assessment of your application material is complete and now that we have done this interview I can move on to finalising your application for residence." Then about the 3 possible Outcomes etc.
    She sent me the transcript right after the interview and I replied the same day too.

I have not yet received the email telling me that the application is now being forwarded for Second Person check. Does this mean that I will have to wait for that email first and then wait another 4-5 weeks minimum to get the result? Or is it possible that it may be in for Second person check even without sending me such formal notification about it?

Thanks.

Anurag,

It may differ depending on the processing branch/CO. Even after our interview last week, we were told by the CO only about the completion of assessment.
    We haven't heard anything else after that.

Possibly , the applications are already in for second person check.

Quote Originally Posted by anuragdial View Post
    Hi All / JandM,

I had my interview with Shanghai Branch on 6th November. I was told - "The assessment of your application material is complete and now that we have done this interview I can move on to finalising your application for residence." Then about the 3 possible Outcomes etc.
    She sent me the transcript right after the interview and I replied the same day too.

I have not yet received the email telling me that the application is now being forwarded for Second Person check. Does this mean that I will have to wait for that email first and then wait another 4-5 weeks minimum to get the result? Or is it possible that it may be in for Second person check even without sending me such formal notification about it?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast