Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Securing IT Network Support job

Default Securing IT Network Support job

Dear all,

I secured my resident visa couple of months back and I will be flying to Auckland tomorrow. I am looking around for IT network jobs. Just wonder how long to expect the employer or recruitment to get back for an interview?

Is it better to call them directly rather than email?

Regards,
    Ventola

Hi ,
    Most popular way of find IT jobs are through seek.co.nz and Trademe.co.nz/jobs websites where employer and recruiters post jobs. Process in NZ is quite slow and you may expect 3 interviews in total for a job. Permanent jobs time elapsed from applying to final selection may take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.Good Luck

thanks!

Safe journey and happy landings.

Quote Originally Posted by ventola83 View Post
    Is it better to call them directly rather than email?
    Most of the recruitment agencies will ask you for a personal interview (this is just a screening which each agency will do to walk through your cv, needs and expectations, availability), you might have to go through this step eitherways (i..e if you email/call)

Apart from Trademe and Seek, try applying directly with employers like HP, IBM, Telecom, Vodafone, 2 degrees etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Most of the recruitment agencies will ask you for a personal interview (this is just a screening which each agency will do to walk through your cv, needs and expectations, availability), you might have to go through this step eitherways (i..e if you email/call)

Apart from Trademe and Seek, try applying directly with employers like HP, IBM, Telecom, Vodafone, 2 degrees etc.
    Thanks Sun for the advise, I will try both ways. Staying in Auckland CBD area, the people here were friendly. Found Countdown supermarket selfhelp payment machine was quite high tech

Do share your job adventure, best of luck. I'm particularly interested to know how your field of work gets response in Kiwi job market. Have fun.

Best of luck to you! Just so you know, if you wanted to work in banking, most of the big banks have the majority of their IT in Wellington as that's where the government is.

Did not have any luck in job hunting so far. Heard from recruitment that someone with 10 years of experience snatches away the job. I think the market in this area is smaller though. Anyway, I got rented here for 6 months...., would keep trying until my 6 months is up.. I would say even part time or temp jobs are not easy to find also..

That's tough, but onward and upward. Keep trying, and better luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast