Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrived Auckland a week ago

Default Arrived Auckland a week ago

Hello and Kia Ora Everyone

We arrived Auckland last week and been living in Hillsborough area.
    We have been busy opening bank accounts, applying for IRDs, looking for jobs, visiting WINZ and searching for pre-school for our lil one.
    Everything seems to be going right way except for the job.
    It looks it is difficult in an environment where people say "it's not about what you know but about who you know". And we don,t know anybody here.
    Anyways, will be trying.
    Peeps, if you are looking for people in tertiary teaching in electronic engineering or an engineer in wireless communication (me) and for a retail/ finance/ book keeper for your firm (OH), please let us know.

Thanks

Cheers

MK

Good luck with the job search. Sorry I can't quite follow where you are from in your location. So I am just going to ask. Where did you move from?

All the best for job search.....happy settleing down !!

Congratulations on your arrival. All good wishes for finding your feet and those job offers soon. ++++++++++++++++++

Welcome to Auckland and all the best with settling days ahead .

Good luck in your job hunt. It will be nice to keep us informed of your progress.

Hi all,

We are done with IRDs, bank accounts, registering to doctors, WINZ etc. Son has starting going to school.
    We found food in supermarkets cheaper and wider in range than Korea but clothing, cosmetics range is fewer and expensive than Korea.
    Over all it is just OK.
    Now need to get a job and a car and get settled.
    About car, does anyone here in ENZ living near Hillsborough, Mt Roskill area looking to sell their car. It would be easier to get from someone who lives nearby(cutting out the time I need to ask my fren to come along and pick up the car).
    Also regarding job, I am desperate to get one now. I am ready to do odd jobs while I m looking for real ones.
    Got an interview for job in Friday but it is hard to get it.
    If any of you are looking for people for temp jobs in the field of electronics, communications, IT, wireless engg, please do let me know.
    One of my fren was saying that there are plenty of odd jobs in NZ telecom, Vodafone, 2degrees etc that goes unadvertised, 10s of people get in every week and 10s leave after getting a real job. If thats true, any idea how to apply for those? Anyone over here working in those companies?
    I just want to get in, get started, build relations and then look forward in getting a full time job.
    Need help.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MK33 View Post
    Hi all,

We are done with IRDs, bank accounts, registering to doctors, WINZ etc. Son has starting going to school.
    We found food in supermarkets cheaper and wider in range than Korea but clothing, cosmetics range is fewer and expensive than Korea.
    Over all it is just OK.
    Now need to get a job and a car and get settled.
    About car, does anyone here in ENZ living near Hillsborough, Mt Roskill area looking to sell their car. It would be easier to get from someone who lives nearby(cutting out the time I need to ask my fren to come along and pick up the car).
    Also regarding job, I am desperate to get one now. I am ready to do odd jobs while I m looking for real ones.
    Got an interview for job in Friday but it is hard to get it.
    If any of you are looking for people for temp jobs in the field of electronics, communications, IT, wireless engg, please do let me know.
    One of my fren was saying that there are plenty of odd jobs in NZ telecom, Vodafone, 2degrees etc that goes unadvertised, 10s of people get in every week and 10s leave after getting a real job. If thats true, any idea how to apply for those? Anyone over here working in those companies?
    I just want to get in, get started, build relations and then look forward in getting a full time job.
    Need help.

Cheers
    It really seems a very tough situation. I have seen your signature and concluded that your migration was processed too fast that indicates you will be having good skills and in demand for NZ market.. even then if you are facing this much problem what would happen with SFV holders.. worried a little bit..
    Good luck and best wishes for you!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    It really seems a very tough situation. I have seen your signature and concluded that your migration was processed too fast that indicates you will be having good skills and in demand for NZ market.. even then if you are facing this much problem what would happen with SFV holders.. worried a little bit..
    Good luck and best wishes for you!
    You could try someone like http://www.optimation.co.nz/. They supply contractors to Vodafone/Telecom.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudgun View Post
    You could try someone like http://www.optimation.co.nz/. They supply contractors to Vodafone/Telecom.
    Thanks for your post but I could find how it relates to my post..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast