Thread: Partner residence and funds

Default Partner residence and funds

Will there be any proof of funds required for a residence application under the partner category? I read that I (principal applicant) will be exempt from needing to provide proof of funds under the family/partnership scheme.. does that mean that my partner will need to show proof of funds that he will be able to support me? I can't find any such requirement in either the residence application form or the partner sponsorship form.. And based on my experience with INZ, I find it strange that no proof would be needed.

I'm asking because we are considering making a large purchase that will leave us with only about $5000 of cash left in our accounts... He is employed in a very secure position so we are not worried about being in financial trouble, but there may be problems if INZ requests to see a bank statement? Should we play it safe and take a weekly finance scheme even though we will end up paying more for it?

Bump.

I don't think your partner will have to show funds, certainly we didn't have to show anything. They had absolutely no interest in our financial situation or whether my partner was able or planning to support me.

I did find the form quite confusing though because it was the same one for all family categories and I believe you need to show funds for some of the other categories but not in the partnership application.

If you get residency under the partnership scheme you will be entitled to work straight away and therefore it isn't like the partnership visas in some other countries where you can't work and therefore your partner needs to support you.

No proof of funds is required for partner application.

no proof of funds is required for partner application.
    your allocated officer will just need proof of relevant documentation to support your 12 months or more of your relationship (living together).

13/07/2012 Resident Application Submitted
    02/08/2012 Allocated a case officer to application
    13/08/2012 Resident visa approved in principle
    28/082012 Payment for Migrant Levy
    04/09/2012 Passport endorsement
    06/07/2011 In Ham ever since
    Last edited by Masi; 18th September 2012 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks, guys

Hello all, I equally need information in this regard. I am recently granted study visa for PhD, hence my wife is entitled for open work visa under Partnership. But my problem is with our 9months old son, whom they advised, should use the visitors form for his application since he is not going to work. Please, would I be required to show proof of funds to support him, and within what range would I need to demonstrate in my account statement? Actually, its obvious, my wife,s application is not demanding for any funds demonstration from my part, but my son,,,, I do not know. Could you people, help out with good info..Thank you all