Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada or NZ-which is better in your personal opinion?

Smile Canada or NZ-which is better in your personal opinion?

In terms of climate, kid's education, health and work-in your brief, personal opinion which is better? Your response will be highly appreciated.

But this open-ended, and so difficult to be useful... what are you looking for? For instance, what weather do you enjoy, or hate? What do your children need, in your opinion, and what philosophies of education do you approve of? Health, in what way? - that people generally are healthy, or the health care system? What line of work are you in?

JandM is right, you have to be more precise. In addition, Canada and New Zealand are diverse countries in their own right respectively. Just ake Quebec City, Vancouver or Whitehorse (Yukon) and Auckland, Taupo and Haast...

We also ummed and aahed over NZ or Canada as OH had been to Canada and loved it but I thought NZ would be warmer.....hahahahaha

I don't think the open-endedness of the question will keep it from being useful as cristina1010 has said he/she wants personal opinions. Perhaps he/she wants honest answers that aren't steered by his or her own biases. Sometimes things come up in a query such as this that one hasn't even thought of asking about. The saying goes, "you don't know what you don't know" and adding personal bias might restrict the kind of answers one gets. That's just my opinion as I personally find these kinds of threads useful.
    Last edited by kiwieagle; 18th September 2012 at 11:07 AM.

After 9 days living in New Zealand, as a Canadian I can answer this definitively. NZ is better, unless you prefer Canada.

If buying power, mobility and being at the fore of most things is important to you, Canada wins. If you want to be more chill, NZ does. But NZ is catching up compared to Canada in many things (grocery stores have vastly improved), but not others (internet services). Weather is more varied in Auckland than Vancouver, but I wouldn't call it warmer.

It's all about priorities--and where in each country you might consider living. Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal and Halifax are all very different.

IMO, i'll have to agree with jawnbc. In some ways NZ has caught up to Canada and in other things, it's has surpassed Canada. You really have to be really specific on your needs. Are you planning to depend on a high paying job or at a stage where $ is less important?

Having growing up in BC most of my life and have travelled around all of NZ, there's not many places in NZ that offers similar wilderness scenery / outdoor recreation. BC has countless of fresh water lakes and getting there from the city is a breeze whereas in NZ there's not many places that are similar. They're either quite remote (hours to drive), or the summer climate makes it too windy to enjoy visiting there. For eg. Driving in BC from Yale to Prince George (heading north) is a whole world difference than driving from say Auckland to Wellington (where you're often seeing the ocean coast line vs. driving interior with lots of trees).

thanks for all your response. Im a female architect & have waited for more than four years waiting for review of mh Canada immigration application and with the new rules of returning old/backlog applications my family and I were so disappointed and disheartened. so I read NZ immigration website and lodged my EOI which is approved ladt Sept. 05, 2012. We are hoping,praying for the best for our future in NZ with my husband and 3 sons. But next year Canada will open and accept application again so im torn and undecided what if i apply and get accepted in Canada and NZ which country should I choose to spend the rest of our lives...

Nothing has to be forever. No experience is wasted. Suppose you got to NZ, then heard that Canada was accepting applications again. You could at that time have a look at your life at the point it had got to, to see if you wanted to make another move. Or not. Everyone's life is full of might-have-beens.

Everyone's life is full of might-have-beens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast