Thread: Scheduling shipper to coincide with sale of house

Default Scheduling shipper to coincide with sale of house

The sale on my house goes through on October 18th. Today I tentatively scheduled the shippers to pack and ship on October 11-12. When the shipper told me the container
    would be on the ship by the 18th, I had a moment's panic. What if the buyer for my house backed out at the very last minute? I wouldn't know until the 18th and by then
    my container would be sailing away. There's no reason escrow shouldn't close - but these things can happen. So now I'm rescheduling for the pack/ship for October 17-18, the day escrow closes, which leaves me little time to clean the house.

I curious how others have dealt with this? Did you ship earlier and cross your fingers that the sale wouldn't fall through at the last minute - or did you pack/ship it at the very last minute?

We weren't dealing with selling a house, as we were dealing with renters. But we scheduled early and just hoped we weren't going to be paying two rents etc. Luckily it all worked out. Dell, I am certain it will all work out for you too. Just in case I will cross my fingers. By the way, our container should be sailing into Auckland today. We are staying with friends that have a view of Rangitoto and we can see the barges coming in. You can bet I will be watching today like a hawk.

Wow - it didn't take long for your container to arrive! Were you able to follow the ship's progress online? Kiwihusker, I've been thinking of you, wondering how you're adjusting.
    Hope that if there are any sad moments, that seeing all your 'stuff' come out of the container will cheer you up.

I know there will be sad moments, but for now I have been ok. I have had days where I thought OMG what have we done, but hoping those are few and far between. I just want a few things to fall into place and to move into our rental asap. I am tired of living in someone else's house. They have been oh so lovely, but we need our own place.